Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried to read a 2013 Cruze 1.6ltr Turbo SRi ?

Has anyone tried to read a 2013 Cruze 1.6ltr Turbo SRi ?

Hi Guys, as the topic suggests, i'm interested to know if anyone has plugged into a 2013 Holden Cruze SRi petrol 1.6ltr Turbo automatic ?

I am buying one so sooner or later i'll know the answer but i was just curious in the mean time to know if they are supported by HPT or if they are again a different variant to previous models ?
    No matter what the question is, the answer is always MORE HORSEPOWER!!

Potential Tuner
    I heard you were buying one sam.. I am interested to know to know also as the 1.4 comes up nice with some boost. im interested to know if they have a flex fuel sensor to have ability for more advance on e85 now its around here in pumps

That must be Mark ?

I don't believe it has any option for E85, the fuel on the car specs only says 95 RON ... not that you can be sure that means it doesn't, but I guess i'll know for sure when I get it.

I know the 1.4 has more compression than the 1.6 so hopefully that means there's more scope for increases

Potential Tuner
    yeah the file out of sarah's car has all the parameters for flex fuel but they don't have the sensor, im wondering if the pcm has the pin for sensor input, be awesome if the sensor could be fitted. was reading on here how to fit them to e38 pcms the other night

Potential Tuner
    what compression is the 1.6t the 1.4 is 9.5:1 I think, just asking for e85

The 1.6 is 8.8:1

From what I recall reading the 1.4's injectors are all but on the limit with a bit of a tune ??

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam272 View Post
    The 1.6 is 8.8:1

From what I recall reading the 1.4's injectors are all but on the limit with a bit of a tune ??
    Pretty much. I was hitting 90+% at 245kpa
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Potential Tuner
    Yeah it's a Shame they are so small. I was hoping some injectors out of a l76 that I have laying about would fit and allow more scope. But after looking today they look to be a little different.

have 42lb ls2 injectors, would they fit ??

well I got the car and I've been able to confirm that HPT recognises it as a Holden Cruze (I4) 2013, but its saying authorization failed then locks me out from too many attempts, so I've emailed the info to HPT Support so i'll see what happens!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just because it recognizes it as a I4 holden cruze doesn't mean much since they used 3 different pcm's ie E78, E83 & some diesel pcm in the 4 cyl diesel motor. Our software needs to actually identify the pcm correct to read it(thats assuming its a pcm we support) Out of the 3 we currently only support the E78 reading.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Bugger! it looks like its a E83 PCM.

Been a while since I've been here, but with new version of vcm suite I have been able to get the bin out of my car and forward it to hpt guys to disect!!

Tuner in Training
    E78 supports flexfuel, you just need to wire it up. 2 pins into the ECM (signal/gnd), and a 12V supply to power the FF sensor. PM me and I can get you specifics if you need.

Tuner in Training
    Hi guys,

any word on the 1.6Lt and hptuners reading etc? I have just purchursed a 1.6lt opel astra A16LET and want to get some boost into it, could do with a bit of tweaking.

Cheers Matty

I haven't heard anything more since submitting my read tune to HPT. And honestly I don't expect its going to be a quick process to map out the entire tune either.

Well over the last few weeks i've been using HPT latest version which allows tuning of the 1.6 Turbo Auto at least.

I've had great results with removing torque management that was removing some timing at gear changes, also boost dropping in the top end is no longer, i have also tweaked up the auto shifts so its happily working like a sports box at WOT and still nice and drivable at lower throttle openings!

Its un-believable how much more is in these things just waiting to be tickled

that said it looks like the injectors are about 90% dc on 220-230kpa and 6000rpm, so theres not alot of scope for more boost without increasing them, having said that i am totally happy with the boost levels, it was more the torque management and limiters that killed the fun out of it.

i was seeing something in the order of .5 sec or more for gear changes and timing back to 0 deg, its now holding full timing and boost, and changes are as quick as .25 secs!!

I haven't even looked at fuel or spark changes, other than adjusting some super rich overtemp settings!

Either way best value i've had from 2 credits well worth it.

Once there is a proper section for it in the repository i'll add up the stock and tickled tunes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam272
    Once there is a proper section for it in the repository i'll add up the stock and tickled tunes.
    That may take a while. You can attach them to this thread and then we can take peak at what you did. That's how I had to post my ATS PCM

Ok here's the original and the current tune.

Aug2013 Holden Cruze SRI 1.6L Turbo 6 Speed Auto - Stock.hpt

2014-02-21-Current Tune.hpt

Aug2013 date is the build date on the car.

I'm happy to hear any comments, abuse etc on what I've done! I'm no pro to these cars, most of my tuning experience is with map based 1990's ecms, so this is a whole new world for me!

Excellent feedback, Sam. You may want to disable Turbo Overtemp Protection if you want better air/fuel ratio control at full throttle since that will override the PE table settings and set the air/fuel ratio to around 11.7 or so based on my experience.