Thread: what gauges type and brand/setup

Tuner in Training

what gauges type and brand/setup

I'm trying to decide what my best option is for gauges on my lb7 so I hope you guys can give me some good input on it. I know my priority should be egt and I assume boost, but what else should I have or need to have and is there a single tool that can display all that in one display? maybe an edge cts or something? I'd rather it all be in one place if possible but I'm not sure. so what do you all use?! thanks in advance guys!

Its personal preference really. I have a triple-pod A-pillar setup with autometer ultra-lite gauges. I have fuel rail pressure at the top, EGT in the middle, and boost on the bottom. Some guys prefer the digital monitors like Edge or H&S make. I like old-school round gauges in the pods myself.
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the reply! Yea, like the round gauges on the pillar myself to, I guess I am trying to figure out what is the best setup for looks, efficiency, and cost effectiveness lol. btw where's the best spot to install the egt probe?

Tuner in Training
    I am running the same setup triple pillar with boost, EGT, rail pressure my gauges are glowshift gauges. I took the passenger fender skirt off and drilled and tapped the exhaust manifold right there.

Tuner in Training
    awesome info guys! thanks!

my probe is also in the passenger exhaust manifold. There is a good flat spot where it goes nicely.
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PDP Racing View Post
    I am running the same setup triple pillar with boost, EGT, rail pressure my gauges are glowshift gauges. I took the passenger fender skirt off and drilled and tapped the exhaust manifold right there.
    How long have you used the glow shift gauges for? ever had any issues out of em? do you have the tinted 7 color or max tow or??... I really like the looks of them but I read some bad reviews about them having issues.
    Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    No issues with mine. Have had them a couple months now. The tinted 7 color are the ones I have. What kind of issues are people having?

Tuner in Training
    ok cool Thanks! I just read some posts about the gauges not reading codrectly or quit working. you know there's a lot of bs out there too though lol

I bet most problems are install-related more than anything. My autometers have worked perfect for 50k miles over 3 years.
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly