Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 224r tune for 5.3

Tuner in Training

224r tune for 5.3

I am looking for a tsp 224r tune that someone has made so I can compare it with the one that is in my truck now.

Thanks,

Erik

Tuner
    no 2 tunes are the same. post your file and log and well gladly help out

Tuner in Training
    Ok. This is the tune I paid for locally. I have not yet logged any data or started adjusting anything yet. I am trying to gain all the knowledge I can beforehand. I am having an idle issue with it and I feel I didn't gain very much from the tune after the cam swap. Erik's Truck.hpt

Tuner
    your commanding a 12.2afr at WOT, your VE table needs to be calibrated, your MAF looks stock too. What idle issue are you having? Get a log of what its doing...that's the only way we can help you out. Are you still using your stock injectors?

Tuner in Training
    Ok, will try to log as soon as possible. Yes I am still using the stock injectors. The idle issue is when the truck is started, hot or cold, 90% of the time it dies. When shifting from drive to reverse the idle drops very low and begins to surge until it kills itself. According to the guy that tuned it, he "tuned the nuts out of it." I downloaded a stock file from the repository and compared and saw little to no gain like you are saying above. Without logging it though, I will not be able to tell if this is right or not, so as stated above I will try to log asap.

Thanks man,

Erik

Tuner
    By what your saying it needs some more idle airflow.. Once I get home I'll post up a config file you can use to get your idle right with minimal surging. If you have a wideband start logging it to get your fueling correct.

Did you have Jason from Texas Speed and Performance tune your truck cause that's how my truck was doing as well when they tuned as well!

Tuner in Training
    Any luck on that config file? I have been logging a little. No steady state just plug in fire up and go to the grocery store kind of logging.

Tuner in Training
    No, I had a guy local to me tune it.

Tuner
    Not idle related, but theres only 22 degs of wot timing, that's low isn't it?

Tuner in Training
    Man I sure do hope so. It's not fun getting waxed by a stock 4 door in my cam, longtubes, nnbs intake and tb, built trans, 3600 yank converter truck..

Advanced Tuner
    try this file i came up with...you might like the tow haul setting for roll racing
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    It's for a 224r? I'll give it a shot today when I get out of class. Thanks man.

Advanced Tuner
    Its the file you posted, I just edited it. I have unlimited truck credits, give it a try.

Tuner in Training
    Will do. Thanks man.

Advanced Tuner
    should run much better, but not too sure on the idle since im not sure what TB u have and such, either way let me know how the truck feels

Tuner in Training
    I have an 07-08 truck intake and TB. I think it's an 82mm. I also have the torque rush box for it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    should run much better, but not too sure on the idle since im not sure what TB u have and such, either way let me know how the truck feels
    Looking at the tune you sent me. Why so much WOT timing? 28* seems like a lot to me. Maybe not? Not trying to piss anyone off, just wondering. I run 93 non ethanol gas.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OlympicWhite 5.3 View Post
    Looking at the tune you sent me. Why so much WOT timing? 28* seems like a lot to me. Maybe not? Not trying to piss anyone off, just wondering. I run 93 non ethanol gas.
    low compression 5.3's with stock heads keep makingpower at low 30+ timing, the same with the gen III 4.8's.

go ahead and run the file if you like, i've tuned countless 5.3's .

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    low compression 5.3's with stock heads keep makingpower at low 30+ timing, the same with the gen III 4.8's.

go ahead and run the file if you like, i've tuned countless 5.3's .
    Gotcha. Like I said not trying to aggravate you, just trying to learn myself. I will mainly be using your file for comparison. I want to be able to honestly say I tuned my truck and it made a difference. That being said I will try your file as soon as I get time, but I don't want to be labeled as a tune beggar, so it will probably come out of the truck before the day is over with and will only be used as reference.

Thanks for the help ,

Erik