Thread: Need help tuning my trans

Advanced Tuner

Need help tuning my trans

Hello,
    i just installed a 6.0/4l60e into an 01 s10 and im using the pcm that came with the 6.0. The pcm was for an 4l80e but i changed the tune to an 60e and all the tables that are in the trans section to an 60e. Everything seems to work fine when at part throttle but when i go WOT it doesnt shift. I just goes to the redline to were the fuel cuts and if i release the pedal for about 2 seconds until it takes the second gear i can go WOT again and it does the same again when i get to the third gear. Is there any way i can even use this pcm or do i need to get a 5.3/4l60e pcm? Please i need to get this working.
    Thanks in advance.

Tuner
    post the file and log

Advanced Tuner
    Okay ill make a log tomorrow morning and post the current tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh, and by the way, i used a harness that came from an 5.3/4l60e so i dont think i need to change the pins in the transmission connector unless this pcm has different pins than a 5.3 one.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the current tune and also a log. The first to second gear actually did shift but at some where 6000 rpm even if the tune is set at 5600 rpm. The second-third gear didnt shift while staying at WOT only if i realese the pedal.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    No one?

Tuner
    If I read your post correctly, I believe you need to submit your current 6.0 file to support and ask them to do a trans segment swap say from your stock S10 file. I, like you tried to change from a 4L80-e to a 4l60e and it doesn't simply work that way on our end.

But to be sure, make sure your PCM qualifies for the segment swap...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=segment+swap
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L