Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Bar speed density

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
    Will these work with a 2000 truck intake manifold?
    For up to 15 lbs boost - plug & play:
    GM P/N: 12580698 AC Delco: 213-1631
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 05-22-2006 at 02:49 AM.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Anyone have a part number and source for the connector for the GM part #12580698 2 bar MAP?

I have the sensor I need a connector for it....... should be the same as the stock truck connector
    2004 Half Nekkid Z71 Avalanche Vortech Blown 5.3L, Pacesetter LT's, Stage 2 Patriots, and 216/224 .551/.551 115 LSA w/ 1.89 VHP Rockers, 60# flow matched injectors, LC-1 Wideband, 2600Edge Racing Stall, 80mm BBK TB, 160 deg thermo, E-Fans, Volant CAI, Walbro GSS341, 3" Borla exhaust, HP Tuners, Custom 2 BAR Tune, Water/Meth kit, Transgo 4L60E-HD2, 3.73's, Nav sys, ON*, XM, DVD player, headrest monitors and backup cam. 498/492 ft lbs

take it up to a GM dealership...tell them what vehicle teh sensor is put of....
    tell them that you wer doing some repairs and teh clip got damaged..they will pull up th epart and sell you a replacement clip for that sensor

they have these little conector kits that they keep on the workbenches cause they do so many and sometimes the clips break...
    -Scott -

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    take it up to a GM dealership...tell them what vehicle teh sensor is put of....
    tell them that you wer doing some repairs and teh clip got damaged..they will pull up th epart and sell you a replacement clip for that sensor

they have these little conector kits that they keep on the workbenches cause they do so many and sometimes the clips break...

Good Idea...... Thanks...
    2004 Half Nekkid Z71 Avalanche Vortech Blown 5.3L, Pacesetter LT's, Stage 2 Patriots, and 216/224 .551/.551 115 LSA w/ 1.89 VHP Rockers, 60# flow matched injectors, LC-1 Wideband, 2600Edge Racing Stall, 80mm BBK TB, 160 deg thermo, E-Fans, Volant CAI, Walbro GSS341, 3" Borla exhaust, HP Tuners, Custom 2 BAR Tune, Water/Meth kit, Transgo 4L60E-HD2, 3.73's, Nav sys, ON*, XM, DVD player, headrest monitors and backup cam. 498/492 ft lbs

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaBouy
    Good Idea...... Thanks...

With leads.....GM # 88987997
    Without........GM # 12129946

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Here's a verified plug&play 2-bar sensor P/N for an LSx style intake:
    Will this 2-Bar sensor be a direct replacement for the stock sensor on a 2003 Z06?

thanks
    frank

Yep same sensor on all the LSx motors...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Here's a verified plug&play 2-bar sensor P/N for an LSx style intake:

So AFTER I apply the 2 Bar OS to a stock LS1 file, I use this sensor to get my 2 Bar worth of resolution? Is this a plug and play sensor?

Just want to be certain.

You may have to knock off the extra set of "ears" on the sensor on the manifold side. Right side with label up, connector pointing down.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    www.SummitRacing.com
    PN# MSD-2313 3bar MAP
    PN# MSD-2312 2bar MAP
    PN# MSD-2311 1bar MAP

or

www.GMPartsDirect.com
    PN# 12223861 3bar MAP
    PN# 16040609 2bar MAP
    PN# 16137039 1bar MAP

heres some other GM stuff

1 Bar
    • GM part # 2503679
    • standard part # AS-5
    2 Bar3Bar
    • GM part # 16040749
    Extra info can be found here http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/mapsensor.htm
    Can you tell me what this part # is ?????? GM Part # 16212460 Its on the 2004 thru 2006 GTO. Its not even listed as a 1bar...What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer View Post

2 Bar[LIST][*] GM part # 16009886

This part number has been superseded to the following:

Cost at dealer is 96.06
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaBouy View Post
    With leads.....GM # 88987997
    Without........GM # 12129946

Are these part numbers that work with the MSD-2312 2 bar sensor? I bought the sensor, but my stock map connector doesn't fit it.

What car can I order the connector for at the dealership?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer View Post
    www.SummitRacing.com
    PN# MSD-2313 3bar MAP
    PN# MSD-2312 2bar MAP
    PN# MSD-2311 1bar MAP

or

www.GMPartsDirect.com
    PN# 12223861 3bar MAP
    PN# 16040609 2bar MAP
    PN# 16137039 1bar MAP

1 Bar
    • GM part # 2503679
    • standard part # AS-5
    2 Bar3Bar
    • GM part # 16040749 or 12569241
    Extra info can be found here http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/mapsensor.htm
    I have a 2Bar from GM part #12614973. It fits the stock truck intake
    Last edited by 99VetteFRC; 06-25-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 94SS View Post
    I found this in the help file.

2 Bar MAP - Speed Density

This enhancement contains the following features:

2bar MAP sensor support (calibration capability for GM 0-5V linear MAP sensors)
    Extended Main VE table to 210kPa (2bar)
    Retains full 5 kPa resolution in non-boost regions
    5 kPa resolution in boost regions
    secondary VE table not used (if applicable)
    New MAP referenced "Boost Enrich" table
    New openloop MAP threshold
    Dual (High and Low Octane) Spark table support
    Speed Density mode only
    VCM Scanner histogram automatically recognizes and adjusts for 2bar feature
    New 2bar MAP PID for VCM Scanner
    NOTE: You must use a correctly calibrated 2bar MAP sensor for this application. The default MAP sensor calibration values may not be accurate for your MAP sensor.

Application Procedure

To apply the enhancement to you PCM please use the following procedure. NOTE: the procedure involves the use of the "Rewrite Entire VCM" process. This process is not guaranteed to be safe. Please do not attempt to rewrite entire VCM if you have had any trouble reading or writing the VCM in the past. If an error occurs during writing of critical operating system components and the VCM is powered down, the VCM will become unrecoverable via software methods.

Start with a stock or existing tune from the PCM.
    Open the file in VCM Editor
    Select Operating System, a window will appear with choices available.
    Apply the relevant modification by clicking the button.
    When prompted, save the file under a new name something like "XYZ_2bar.bin". This is now your new "Base" file that must be used for all future tuning.
    The editor will automatically close the file after saving.
    Open the newly saved file in the editor. You should see that the operating system ID has changed from your original file.
    (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) The VE table will be full of invalid data. You *must* create a valid VE table before writing the file to the PCM. It is a good idea to copy your previous VE table into the non-boost region and then copy and increase the last row of the VE table to the new boost area. It is important to start tuning on the rich side (higher numbers) and then work back to your desired AFR.
    Save the file in the editor, you are now ready to write to the PCM.
    IMPORTANT: The next step involves using the "Rewrite Entire VCM" option. Remember this option is not 100% recoverable on failure in some circumstances. Do NOT disconnect the battery if you have problems during this next step. Once this step is completed you can use the regular "Write VCM" function for all tuning changes.
    Connect to the vehicle and turn on ignition, wait 10secs.
    Still in VCM Editor with your file open, select Flash -> Write Entire VCM. The process takes approximately 2-4 minutes depending on vehicle type.
    When the write is completed, turn off ignition and wait 30secs.
    Turn on ignition, wait 10secs.
    The PCM should display the new operating system ID.
    At this point the VCM should be now running the new operating system and you can now use the regular and safe "Write VCM" for all future tuning changes.
    (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Open VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle. Open the Table display (Scan -> Table Display). Right-click the "Manifold Air Pressure (SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing 1 bar PID from the table, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.
    (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Right-click again on the table display cell and select "Insert", go to the Engine -> Airflow section and choose either the "Manifold Air Pressure - 2 bar" or "Manifold Air Pressure - 3 bar" PID, double-click to insert it into the table.
    (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Save the new scanner configuration using File -> Save Config.
    You are now ready to tune using your new enhanced PCM.
    i just did this to a 2004 gm truck and the "new" VE table stays the same it just change the vertical axis cells from 5kpa to 105kpa to ....30kpa to 200kpa. Is this normal? or is a problem cause im having a lot of trouble to get the truck started and my wideband is crazy, any one ...also the charger of my laptop is dead and it wont let me take out the new 2bar os file so i cant uploaded right now so anyone can take a look ....please anyone any ideas??
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    normal if your VE table axes stay the same and the labels just change.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    thanks a lot ... after a whole afternoon of wrestling i get the truck running again so tomorrow i may do some WOT runs thanks for the info william

Advanced Tuner

again trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    normal if your VE table axes stay the same and the labels just change.
    ok bill so after the drama from yesterday i begun to tune the truck but i find a trouble on the scanner it wont read past 110kpa im i have something wrong in the congif file can you please take a look the 2bar map is a cobalt 2005 i get it from autozone is a wells SU129 AND yesterday it gives me some 140kpa reads but the truck was so deam pig rich that stalls at the moment it read 120-140kpa

this are the current HPT. its only mi first test so be nice cause im having serius trouble to get it in the lambda zone
    the last scaner run and the config im running thanks for any help
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Because you are not logging the correct pid as described in detail in the help file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    yes indeed i found my mistake thanks a lot