Thread: New to Tuning

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up New to Tuning

Just Sc'd my Cobalt LE5 and I've started working with a tuner, and also learning how to work HPtuners. I can't believe all of the different variables that come into play when tuning an engine, its crazy. There is still so much to learn, but I'm starting to pick up things here and there. If anyone has any input, tips and tricks, please feel free to post anything helpful. I may get around to posting up a few logs, and the tune I'm running currently.
    2007 LE5 2.4L SS/SC Stock M62 3.34" pulley, 42# Injectors, Cobra Heat Exchanger, Opt B Surge Tank, ZZP 3" Intake, LSJ Throttle Body, ZZP Mid-Length Header w/ 1.75" primaries, 2.5" Catted downpipe.

I just started too...i felt the same way with all the variables,but after a week or two i realized there's not that many variables just lots of redundant systems that come into play,once you start to see through all the adder tables you start to realize it's all air fuel and spark. Focus on the main tables and work your way down learning how each adder affects the overall result. Also if you don't have one already invest in a wideband.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    best to learn the base of the systems first. then start learning how the adders/modifier's work. this is the way you will be tuning. all modifiers off to get the base for everything correct. once the base is good you fine tune with the modifier's.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman