Thread: 0411 Vats like engine dying... vats disabled...thoughts?

Tuner in Training

0411 Vats like engine dying... vats disabled...thoughts?

hello friends

87 rx7 w/ 2k4 lq4 just swapped in t56 (vss is unhooked still)

i wasted 6 credits getting this working haha... i unlocked the author of a base tunefile's vin, the v6 van vin of my donor pcm and my new 2k2 camaro pcm..haha

anyways, engine fires, then dies... i've tried turning vats on burning, then vats off burning, i've tried the vats/code/vin burn, i've tried write entire...no dice

engine will sometimes diesel for a bit after the engine 'stalls' aka i keep it running for a second or more... this is obviously something to do with tuning right?

none of the o2's are connected atm, the vss isn't connected an my wideband isn't installed...

2k2 camaro 0411 car dies like vats.hpl2k2 camaro m6 - vats disabled still dying.hpt

i think the attachments i put in the file works (cool new interface guys!)

Any advice? i'm still running 28# injectors, 224/230 581 589 114lsa comp xer cam, mac mids, duals with xpipe ls6 intake....

Thanks in advance!

Senior Tuner
    Set vats to none, set dtc 101-103 to 0-fail on first error. Zero out maf table, then put 10 in the first cell. write entire. May not catch first time, but looks like your not failing your maf, doing this should fail it. I would even check the dtc lights when you set the codes to 0, then you know maf code is set.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah you are seeing the end result of me partially disabling the maf! I ran this setup with hpt and a 98 computer for the years..

Basically it seemed like the 98 maf may have been incompatible with the 02 computer (I'm using all 98 electronics... iat, clt, maf, tbody)

I'll try doing a better job with testing the maf and report back...thanks mechman!

Btw if it means buying a new maf I may just go sd only...lol
    Last edited by mxman; 09-08-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Tuner in Training
    A ha, the map sensor isn't responding! 94 kpa all the time

Is the map sensor from the LS1 Compatible with the 0411? Seemingly they are all the same ?

2K2 CAMARO IDLES RICH AS HELL.hpl
    Last edited by mxman; 09-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.