Thread: Rough idle

Potential Tuner

Rough idle

New guy who just bought HP tuners, got a 5.3 Silverado recently cammed and it has a very rough idle
    I bought hp tuners thinking i could tune my own vehicle but im am very lost so im asking the forum for help
    As title states truck has very rough idle and almost wants to die on me when i come to a stop, if some one would be kind enough to tweak with it

5.3 Sivlerado
    227/235 .614//.621 113 lsa
    4.10's
    cold air intake
    no cats
    straight pipe

FILE: ChrisHD.hpt
    Last edited by xChris; 09-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Nothing?

Searched yet??

I'm sure the question has been asked before, wouldnt hurt to try and find a thread with the same problems as you while you wait for a reponse.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Searched yet??

I'm sure the question has been asked before, wouldnt hurt to try and find a thread with the same problems as you while you wait for a reponse.
    I have searched and yes i did find some threads on the idle topic but just cant see to comprehend it

Senior Tuner
    You need to read up on tuning, using a wideband if you have it, narrow bands if not. Your cam will have have your ve table out of wack. Here are some basic tweaks that should have it idling a little better, but you have some reading to do.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks will upload the file onto the PCM tomorrow to test it out, can you explain to me what you did?

Senior Tuner
    Increased idle speed, increased idle airflow, leveled out timing in idle areas so that it would effective with over/underspeed settings, and put your iat timing retard back in. Use the compare feature with file you posted and the one I posted.

Find the Russ K idle config and instructions, you will need it.

There is an idle tuning guide by rinkrat that is decent, or will get you going anyway.

Potential Tuner
    Will update tomorrow, thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by xChris View Post
    Thanks will upload the file onto the PCM tomorrow to test it out, can you explain to me what you did?
    Don't load that file onto your car, just do what he said in the previous post and compare them and copy over some numbers.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Why not? its his file I opened modified, saved, and reposted.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    log please
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Managed to get the idle just about right, but now my Air fuel mixture is out of wack, will be logging tomorrow morning. Im new to this so i still dont know how to richen it or lean it out

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Why not? its his file I opened modified, saved, and reposted.
    Simple mistake, didnt see the name of the "file" given at the start, just assumed at the time that you had given him one of your own files for him to compare. Didn't realize you had the ability to open and change his tune for him.