Thread: Is GMTech still around here at all, or gone for good?

Tuner

Is GMTech still around here at all, or gone for good?

Reason I'm asking is mainly because I'd like to pick his brain about the optimum spark timing tables. Why? Because I've already made my own with some pretty good success; however, that being said, there's still room for improvement. Also, my biggest problem seems to be dialing in low rpm light load Kr.. Maf cals and timing changes don't seem to get rid of it no matter what I do.
    Also, I wonder about individual cells in the Maf calibration; how do you determine which frequency is for what rpm? I thought maybe if I knew that, I could try and dial in the areas that show Kr only.. usually between 1300-2500 rpm and 30-60% load. My trims aren't perfect for sure, but it seems with weather constantly changing, so do the trims.. Should I only be using the stock Maf calibration frequencies and only adjust the main Maf Base tables? I've also noticed, that when I start playing with these settings, I often lose boost in the process, and sometimes power as well. This is probably the most frustrating part of tuning this thing lol. A week or so ago, I made a Maf base table adjustment, uploaded it, and on the first pull, after a little normal driving, the car spooled 27.7psi and then 29psi almost instantly.. In the afternoon, it was back to normal again around 24psi which is about where I've had it for the past 3 months or so. And I guess lastly, when's the best time or temperature to setup a good calibration? My air is usually dry and at about 2500' of elevation, but with the climate doing weird shit.. it's quite hard to get anything dialed in perfectly. Weather can change literally in an hour from 85º and sunny to 50º and raining, or somewhere in the middle of that but being cloudy and humid as hell.
    Another question, not only in my base, but another friend of mine running a 2.4 just installed a Mickey Mouse turbo setup lol.. but anyways, I noticed his trims were something like -23 and +27 as max and min values.. his tune was near 0, but sometimes around -7. A lot of variables which I'd rather not get into right now, but still.. is it normal for such huge swings? Never really paid attention to it; just cut n paste multiply by % lol. +/-25 seems rather extreme.. wouldn't +/-10 be more ideal and smooth? Or is that just the way the ecm runs things? Just trying to get a better understanding of that particular part of it since it seems the most elusive.
    On a sidenote, and for comparison, I raced another LNF SS from Calgary with a ZFR running 23psi Trifecta tune and I pulled him by about 1 or 2 car lengths and held it all the way until I shut her down around 135 or 140 mph so I must be doing something right lol I believe the only bolt-on he's missing is an intercooler, so that'd probably put us side by side.

Tuner
    Forgot another thing.. Almost always have knock on cylinder 2 on my car but only at the light loads and low rpms generally speaking.. I know I mentioned it in the previous post, but forgot to mention that it's almost always just that particular cylinder.. sometimes cyl 3 follows suit somewhat, but not too much.

i havent seen him on any of the forums.
    2008 Sky RL

He's too busy in RL to post much. I replied to your thread on CSS.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel