Thread: "Not able to Locate VCM" while trying to tune. Possible solution found.

Advanced Tuner

"Not able to Locate VCM" while trying to tune. Possible solution found.

For a couple of months I have been chasing what was the cause of not being able to tune any more with hp tuners. I am pretty computer illiterate. I know how to use certain programs for my profession and frankly I do not care to know more.

So after working with Bill, my tuner, and others to no avail I found the solution myself.

It was the usb drivers. Even though the computer stated they were up to date and working properly they were not.

By just erasing every usb driver, shutting down the computer, and restarting the computer again forced all the usb drivers to reload.

When reloaded everything worked just fine.

I have seen quite a number of threads of people with the inability to tune who were getting the message stated above.

So if all else fails go ahead and try what I have just said. It might just work.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Senior Tuner
    I'm going to try this today to fix an issue with scanner. I have the same build of HPTuners on 2 computers, one scans fine, the other can't see DTC's and VCM controls don't work.