Thread: Newbie- PID's

Tuner in Training

Newbie- PID's

Hey guys,

Well I have had HPT Pro for awhile and just been uning it so upload my tunes that my tuner sends me, Well now iam deployed and have extra time on my hands so I thought I would give it a shot!!!!!!!! WELL

Anyways I have been trying to make a PID and add it to the histo's But for some reason when i click on say Histo 1: Main Spark- Timing Advance, It just comes up with: This Hustigram is not supported! Does it have to be hooked to the car inorder to show it???

I know its going to be alittle tough to learn this, But this is really kicking my ass, I failed Spanish in school, and I have a feeling I know more about spanish then i do this!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    needs to be also present in the tables section as a value in order to be read

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    By posting I'm assuming you have Internet. Watch one of the videos in the LNF section it will guide you on pid setup.

You have to connect the vcm scanner to the vehicle so it knows which parameters are available for viewing.

Tuner in Training
    I have watch the videos, But to where you hit histo grams in the videos, the chart popped up, I just get the error, Ill mess with it when i get back to the states. Also, what do yall think about the Tuning schools learn at home? Is it worth $450?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you are only working on your own stuff then not really. it will never pay itself off. if you wish to make a career out of this then you may find it helpful as it covers a wide variety of tables and the theories behind them.
    some of the schools might be including direct injection notes now that its becoming widely popular in the gasoline world, but as i don't know any of the schools current curriculum's i cannot comment further on that.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman