Thread: 2010 CTS-V A6 In Need of 2012+ GM Performance Algorithm Shifting (staged upshifting)

Potential Tuner

2010 CTS-V A6 In Need of 2012+ GM Performance Algorithm Shifting (staged upshifting)

As the title says, I'm wondering if/how this is done. Over at some other sites, supposedly it's not possible. When contacting the dealer, they said they could do it by me providing them with a 2012+ vin and then they would update my trans calibration accordingly (albeit lose my warranty and also cost $119). To save money, could I simply write a stock 2012 or 2013 cts-v A6 tcm calibration from the repository here to my 2010 V without issue, or is this something that only the dealer can do with a TechII/MDI? Coming from manual cars, the input vs actual shift delay is unacceptable, however, I was blown away by the responsiveness in the 2013 cts-v auto that I drove...and am hoping it's a simple OS/calibration update to parallel that in my 2010. Please advise. Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    Compare the 2010 Trans tune to a 2013 and copy over differences?
    Not quite sure what you are asking here.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    Compare the 2010 Trans tune to a 2013 and copy over differences?
    Not quite sure what you are asking here.
    I did a quick comparison of the 2013 trans calibration and see some subtle differences that I would copy over to my stock 2010 trans tune, but wasn't sure if it was as simple as that since the OS are different (or if that even matters). Has anyone else done exactly that (i.e. copy the differences from newer years to older years without issue for noticeable improvement?) I heard there were certain parameters that were added after 2012 that aren't even modifyable in 2009-2011 cars simply because those tables don't exist unless the OS is updated

Potential Tuner
    I successfully wrote an entire 2013 tcm os & vcm os and cals to my 2010, but didn't get the results I wanted. Which tables would one modify to make the tutd paddle or stick response faster (up or downshift tap vs actual tranny shift)?
    Last edited by Goat Run; 09-01-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Run View Post
    I successfully wrote an entire 2013 tcm os & vcm os and cals to my 2010, but didn't get the results I wanted. Which tables would one modify to make the tutd paddle or stick response faster (up or downshift tap vs actual tranny shift)?
    What did you figure out? I have a 2013 Camaro transmission that I would like to update to the Corvette tune/flash, but I don't want to remove the TCM from the transmission. Suggestions? Thanks,

Rob

bump

I am also presently trying to work this out myself....... I'm wondering however if the HP Tuners software itself wont do it because if u just try and change the VIN of a later tune to your own it says VIN/OS Mismatch.

I want a 2013 VF Commodore TCU which is basically the same from 2010 onwards applied to my 2009 VE SS tune. Simply so it has the newer software, because in mine it's based on their old timed shift system which sucks because i cant do the 'copy the differences' because all the newer pcm's are based on the new setup from 2010 forward and I also think it's my old tcu os as to why I cant disable my DoD in Sport or Manual Modes, reports D6 no matter what mode it's in.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Camaro / Corvette TUTD diferecnes

Quote Originally Posted by HartRod View Post
    What did you figure out? I have a 2013 Camaro transmission that I would like to update to the Corvette tune/flash, but I don't want to remove the TCM from the transmission. Suggestions? Thanks,

Rob
    Sorry for the late response to the party. Camaro and Corvette have completely different TUTD systems. Camaro is routed thru an additional module before communicating with the TCU during TUTD shifting which acounts for more time when shifting (especially if you have a 10 or 11 Camaro L99), where the Corvette is TUTD direct to the TCU. Camaro has address this issue with the 2012 and up but have reduce the TUTD time by 200 to 300 miliseconds. Camaro call that a 60% improvement. A little quick math and this is telling me that the 2010 Camaro TUTD has a response time of about .65 seconds. But we all know it takes longer than .65 seconds from tap to shift with a 2010 Camaro L99 / 6L80.
    Current project:
    2016 Hellcat Charger over the 200 mph...
    Email: [email protected]