Thread: tuning for e85

Tuner

tuning for e85

Hi, probably going to convert my cts-v to e85. I tried searching the forum for e85 with no results. Can anyone point me to a guide of some sort, or a post already covering this? Or just a few pointers on which tables i need to pay attention to? I have plenty of tuning experience, just never used e85 and want to make sure I change all the tables necessary. I know I will need to adjust for more fuel, but want to see if there is anything in particular I need to do.

Thank You
    2001 Z06 - Blown (Sold )

You will need to change the stoich value then add timing to suit. Cranking fueling needs to be upped as well by 25-50%. I have a CTS-V dual pump in mine (Livernois) so fueling will be close on yours but your injectors will likely be too small. I see pressure drops to 44 psi at WOT with 58 psi commanded at 9 psi boost but the ID850 tables seem to compensate well as it is consistent.

What injectors are you running? I see 80ish % IDC on ID 850's at .77 lambda PE.

E85 requires ~30% more fuel than E10. Get a WB and learn to tune Lambda, forget AFR.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 08-28-2013 at 06:48 AM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Do it right. Get a sensor.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training b2319dragracer's Avatar
    Can you command more fuel pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by boostls2 View Post
    Hi, probably going to convert my cts-v to e85. I tried searching the forum for e85 with no results. Can anyone point me to a guide of some sort, or a post already covering this? Or just a few pointers on which tables i need to pay attention to? I have plenty of tuning experience, just never used e85 and want to make sure I change all the tables necessary. I know I will need to adjust for more fuel, but want to see if there is anything in particular I need to do.

Thank You
    Hit me up at shop this week.....if your in Lauderdale we are right up the road.....

HT
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports