Thread: Detonation when getting into boost but no KR?

Detonation when getting into boost but no KR?

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out why my knock sensors will not read in hp tuners. I have been lowering my timming from a start up tune and increasing my boost safely as i can. I'm only up to 7lbs before I get into detonation that I can hear and feel and I'm worried that I might do some damage before I get it figured out. I have new sensors and harness, check the haress to the pcm and everything checks out.

Please give me some ideas, If i turned some thing off in the scan tool or some other problem.

The setup is a 5.3, ls6 cam,ls9 head gaskets,head studs,80lb seimen,pt76gts,truck manifolds

Also on a off note with a 2bar tune to lower the timming you have to do both HO/LO tables right.

Thanks for the info (still learning)

can you get them to read by tapping the block with a piece of metal?

I have hooked up another harness that goes under the intake with new sensors also, and tapped on them with a hammer with nothing.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post your file and log
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Try a stock tune. Do you have a multimeter ? You should be able to tap the block and watch the change on a meter.

Senior Tuner
    Knock detectors and knock retard are for spark knock.
    To this end, they are often "gated" to only pay attention
    to noise that follows the spark event. True detonation
    sometimes precedes spark and may be missed.

You want to know which is really happening. Pull 10
    degrees of timing and see.

This is the tune I'm working with, as a start up tune. I have been using the real time tuning and have made small adjustments to the HO table and getting a better understanding of the program, but my laptop had an error and wasnt able to save my work. I have since fix the laptop and havent tried tuning again till I figure out the knock sensors.

I have tested the pcm and I get 5v out to the sensors and I have the right ohms off the sensors also. The harness checks out also from pcm to firewall,firewall to sensors. I will double check with the sensors grounded at another location.

Any input or ideas of whats going on I thank you in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files