Thread: Switching From SCT PRP??

Potential Tuner

Switching From SCT PRP??

I've used the PRP to tune my car for several years. My XCal3 just died on me and I'm thinking this is a good time to switch to HP Tuners. My problem is that since my XCal died, I can't return the car to stock. Is that going to be a problem or prevent me from using HP Tuners?

Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    You probably won't be able to edit the file that is in there because of possible checksum issues, but you should be able to flash a stock downloaded file of the same strategy into it.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I thought it was only diablosport tunes we couldn't edit. Pretty sure we can fix the checksum issues created by sct.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I thought it was only diablosport tunes we couldn't edit. Pretty sure we can fix the checksum issues created by sct.
    Even better. It has been a little while since I have tried to read a modified Ford so that may be so. Most that I have dealt with have been stock.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if you vehicle has X3 from SCT i have always been able to clear the checksum and works fine.

if you want the stock file, download it from the repository and copy the difference.

SCT on Shelbys and GT's no issues from 2005-2010 i have not had any issues
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Hi - I'm looking at the VCM Editor in Demo mode. It's v2.24.191. How would I change the voltage in the MAF Airflow v Voltage table? This is the 2005 Ford Mustang Oak 1024 demo file. Is that something that I can't do until I purchase? No biggie - I'm just test driving before making a final decision on switching over or not.

Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Check the engine-airflow tab for the maf table.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFordDriver View Post
    Hi - I'm looking at the VCM Editor in Demo mode. It's v2.24.191. How would I change the voltage in the MAF Airflow v Voltage table? This is the 2005 Ford Mustang Oak 1024 demo file. Is that something that I can't do until I purchase? No biggie - I'm just test driving before making a final decision on switching over or not.

Thanks!
    If your asking how to rescale the "Voltage" axis, simply click on the axis label (notice it is underlined like a hyperlink) and modify the table that pops up.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 09-17-2013 at 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Thanks - I didn't notice the hyperlink 8-]