Thread: Write to computer but motor will not start. Is it my tune or compatibility issue?

Potential Tuner

Write to computer but motor will not start. Is it my tune or compatibility issue?

Can someone help me figure out why my motor will not start with this tune? It is on an airboat. When I steal the same exact tuned computer off of a 2009 Chevy Silverado it fires and starts just fine. I did write entire to this 2009 Sierra and no start. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. There is a battery shut off switch which we use in between tries. I need this done by this weekend.

2009 CHEVY SIERRA GREEN BOAT2.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Sounds like you probably need to disable VATS. Go to the "OS" tab when you have the file open, then click VATS 1 and VATS 2 and set them both to disabled. After that, save the file and write entire and try it again.

Are you cranking the starter with your own key/switch/relay? If you are, set the Starter Checks to disabled before a write entire as well.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat