Thread: Injector duty won't drop below 3.3ms

Injector duty won't drop below 3.3ms

I have a single turbo LS1 with an 4BBL craby style manifold and 8 injector hat(not at the port). I have the tune all sorted except I cannot get the light throttle duty to drop below 3.3 ms. I chopped the ass out of the VE table and got no joy, even through though VCM controls it is the same. All my min injector duty cycles are 0.25 ms. I've not seen this before, the car is a conversion so has no speed input and runs a Glide. Iv'e been playing with the transients due to flat spots on hard take off but even with stock values the problem is still there. The commanded is 14.63 but it is constant OL as has no O2 sensors. Any ideas appreciated. The tune is rescaled due to when it came to me it was showing 1.8 g/cyl, it has 80 lbs injectors but I scaled the injectors and VE by 30% so my timing values are back on the MAP and air flows are 1.2 g/cyl.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 4wheelinls1; 08-23-2013 at 03:14 AM.

It'll be the min fuel mass under the Transient tab, slightly misplaced or mis-labelled I guess. It is set to 0.035 or 0.045 or some variation depending on OS, this is fuel mass in kg. Ultimately it acts like the name suggests and is the minimum possible delivered mass of fuel. I usually reduce by the same factor as the injectors have increased, for you, I'd set at 0.010 or similar so 10mg of fuel. A few people have discovered this over the years. Btw, any photos of a LS1 turbo Tonner

That was it thanks. Ill get some photos. Car is coming back to move the injectors from the throttle hat to the ports due to lean issues on snap throttle.