Thread: LNF rev limit

Tuner in Training

LNF rev limit

Anyone ever revved to 8k? I have 82# valvesprings. I ditched the s256et and bought an s259et Batmowheel. Obviously an 8k rev limit now becomes ideal. What is all this nonsense with the cam phasers anyway limiting to 7400. I had an 8k limit before but it was only in 1st for track use so in the first shift I'd be right in the spool zone. Anyway. Thoughts? I got bored of 500whp Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by raver0789 View Post
    Anyone ever revved to 8k? I have 82# valve springs. I ditched the s256et and bought an s259et Batmowheel. Obviously an 8k rev limit now becomes ideal. What is all this nonsense with the cam phasers anyway limiting to 7400. I had an 8k limit before but it was only in 1st for track use so in the first shift I'd be right in the spool zone. Anyway. Thoughts? I got bored of 500whp Lol.
    my question to you would be have you upgraded the followers in the valvetrain.. and the only reason i ask is because stock followers are hollow and they tend to flew a little under high rpms.. and even stock applications i have seen cars come into my dealer ship with followers that have found there way off course and fell down in the head. im not for 100% sure if the 82# valve springs would solve this problem but in other applications that have followers i know they have to upgrade them to rev higher.. so keep that in mind. thats just my two cents but nothing is impossible you might be able to rev out that far for a while.

also the stock balancing shafts are limiting you too.. i ahve done alot of research on those and i am actually deleting them.. it frees up some power and it safe to rev the motor (with supporting mods) to over 8k..
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Tuner in Training
    Is there a balance shaft delete kit for the LNF?

I did the balance shaft delete on my LD9 Z24 and boy did that engine feel good during reving....she felt alot more peppier too.

Defianly a good upgrade for those performance minded individuals.

2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Tuner in Training
    I have no doubt a lnf can rev to 8k with valvesprings only...even with stock balance shafts. I am just confused as to the cam phaser limitations. Ie. What they control and if revving past 7400 becomes dangerous due to uncontrolled detonation. Maybe I don't understand the cam phasers and their function in the first place.

Senior Tuner
    you can run 8k on stock balance shafts. do not sustain the rpm though.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

dont the balance shafts help it idle smooth, meaning if you remove them itll make it idle rough?
    2008 Sky RL

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    balance shafts counteract harsh engine harmonics. i would not remove them unless you buy a quality harmonic balancer.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

i think i remember gmtech saying he had the neutral balance shafts but still was able to get a smooth idle.
    2008 Sky RL