Thread: open loop SD tune, RPM's shoot/surge up on downshifts coming to a stop

open loop SD tune, RPM's shoot/surge up on downshifts coming to a stop

Car idles perfect, nearly got the whole RAF dialed in with the idle config histogram (It doesn't get cold enough in TX to dial in the far left)
    drives perfect, Races Perfect. The only problem i have is the (ughhhh....ughhhhhh....) the RPMs do coming to a stop. It doesn't do it as bad when the car is warmed up but when its cold it does it horribly. I do not know what could be causing it. Im running SD enhanced OS as well.. I've made a few changes in real time tuning seeing if it would help (underspeed/overspeed/throttle follower/throttle cracker) It just pisses me off how great i've gotten the car to perform but I can't dial in that coasting idle or coming to a stop etc. I'll post a copy of my tune and see what you guys think..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    have a log?

Quote Originally Posted by onspeed View Post
    have a log?
    here is an updated tune file and log, the problem is less pronounced now. if you could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it
    Attached Files Attached Files

what kind of car and is this a auto or manual
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX

Idle hanging rolling to a stop is usually an indicator that you have too much idle airflow or timing. In this case I'm assuming airflow, because once you hit the mph where adaptive idle routines take into effect is when the RPM has an issue then adapts to the correct idle RPM. If it's a stock cube LS1 with a healthy cam it probably doesn't need 2lb/min to idle right, probably more in the ballpark of 1.7-1.85'ish aka 13-14g/sec
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon