Thread: Please review my 2 bar custom OS file

Please review my 2 bar custom OS file

Trying to get a base tune together to go custom 2 bar OS, well, all I need is 1.75 lol.

I think I have what I need disabled, but check it out and don't beat me up too bad.

Thanks for looking, new to the custom OS. VE table is a guesstimate but I need to know if I got the MAF disabled, ect.

SLP S/C 9 psi or so, K&N cone, Kook's stepped headers, catless x-pipe on E85. MAf tune is dialed in pretty well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 08-17-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Set the Po101.02.03 DTCs to 0-mil on first error. Set dynamic airflow high rpm disable to 8192 and re-enable to 8190. You can check the ses boxs and then you will get a check engine light when the maf fails.

Thank you for taking the time to look at the tune and post. I appreciate it.

Tuner
    Any reason why you have set the Power Enrichment PE Enable MAP to the same as the Boost Enrichment value? With it set like this you will always be in closed loop until you are on boost. I see you have set the TPS to 5% so the only variable the VCM is waiting on is the MAP pressure to exceed 110kPa

I'm probably missing something here but I've just put a TVS1900 on my LS2, created a base 2Bar SD tune and my maps and settings look very different.
    Last edited by SVTuner; 08-18-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Missed running E85

I tried to create a VE table using Bluecat's tool from the virtual one my OS uses and it looked horrendous. Took a few pointers from people and came up with a starting point on it I hope. There's another thread on here a few months old whereI was working on it. I don't have much spare time lately since I work 14 hrs/day and get 2 days off every 3 weeks so this is taking a long time for me.

I remain in closed loop on purpose for now, I can use the LTFT+STFT PID to get the cruise close. The PE carried over from my MAF tune, just used the same values for Boost enrichment for now. Is this a problem? I thought it used one or the other but I'm just trying to sort it out reading a lot.

Thanks.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    bluecat tool should give you a pretty good base for your VE you can choose table format (choose LS2 2.5 base VE Format) so your MAP and RPM are in line

Enable your PE 90 kpa and PE should be 1.19 (12.33)
    Enable your BE 110 kpa and BE should be 1.30 (11.29)

Timing map (pull 8 degrees) above 1 cyl/airmass

my suggestions plus what C.U. suggested to make your car in full Speed Density Mode.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Thanks, but I'm on E85 and it handles the timing I have now just fine with zero KR. No need to pull any more I think. My current MAF tune has the PE at 90 kPa so that's no big deal to put back.

Everything I tried with bluecat gave me garbage from my virtual VE table but I'll check it again with what you posted tonight if I can.

Edit: Tried it again and even with your suggestions every number over 105kPa Bluecat generated looked like garbage. I think the LS3 Virt tables are crap in boost. Neg numbers aren't going to cut it.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 08-18-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    I see what you mean, best is to use the OEM LS3 VE table up to 105 KPA and then take that Column or Row and multiply it by say 1.35 and put it in your target KPA and interpolate.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I interpolated it in the past to a starting point, just need time to try it.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Thanks, but I'm on E85 and it handles the timing I have now just fine with zero KR. No need to pull any more I think. My current MAF tune has the PE at 90 kPa so that's no big deal to put back.

Everything I tried with bluecat gave me garbage from my virtual VE table but I'll check it again with what you posted tonight if I can.

Edit: Tried it again and even with your suggestions every number over 105kPa Bluecat generated looked like garbage. I think the LS3 Virt tables are crap in boost. Neg numbers aren't going to cut it.
    It's not the Bluecat tool...the stock LS3 virtual VE is setup for a 1-bar engine. Essentially if you were to use the virtual VE in a boosted application, you'd need to modify the boundaries and then generate new equation coefficients.
    Last edited by MikeOD; 08-19-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

All the more reason to go Custom OS since I wouldn't have a clue. lol.

On a side note, I wonder if an LSA tune would be a better starting point for the VE? Different pistons, CR, ect though.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 08-19-2013 at 10:39 AM.

You should eventually set the PE MAP enable nice and low like 15-25kpa then use TPS to enter PE, but also low like 16%ish... this is what I found works on my manual LS3 whippled, and this is also how a stock 2013 CTS-V is setup. Just make sure that TPS is well below the boost area's at all RPM's. Without these low settings there can be a delay in PE enrichment.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by SVTuner View Post
    Any reason why you have set the Power Enrichment PE Enable MAP to the same as the Boost Enrichment value? With it set like this you will always be in closed loop until you are on boost. I see you have set the TPS to 5% so the only variable the VCM is waiting on is the MAP pressure to exceed 110kPa
    This is pretty standard practice.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    All the more reason to go Custom OS since I wouldn't have a clue. lol.

On a side note, I wonder if an LSA tune would be a better starting point for the VE? Different pistons, CR, ect though.
    The ZL1 VE isn't as "messed up" as my stock LS3 VE was, but it's still kinda funky. Dig around for advice on building VE using fuel data...if you hook up your wideband you can log fuel pressure, and current fuel error, and with a little math you can convert it to GMVE...then datalog that while you're running off the MAF sensor...then plug those numbers into the VE table as a start. Without a LOT of understanding of the equations, you won't be perfect...but you'll be able to build a decent enough VE table to then disabel the MAF, start and run off of the VE, and then tune the VE from the wideband the way you're used to tuning the MAF.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat