Thread: surging when rolling with throttle closed

Potential Tuner

surging when rolling with throttle closed

this is so damn annoying. my idle isnt the best in the world, i still have to tweak it a little but it idles pretty good. then i go to coast down my driveway(throttle closed) and it just keeps surging up and down, fixes itself once i come to a complete stop. also doesn't do this above about 30-35 mph. does anybody know what tables to adjust? throttle cracker/follower? log, config, tune is attached. you can see it right at the very beginning of the log. it's a 5.3 with a fairly small cam in it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    anybody have any idea?

surging is usually from being too rich
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX

Potential Tuner
    Your Base Running Airflow(Idle Airflow) values are larger than needed based on you engine size and Target Idle speed. Look at stickies for Tuning Base Airflow guide. Also under Idle/Airflow, Throttle Cracker your Disable Speed should be lower than your Enable Speed. You can look at lowering some values in Idle/Airflow, Adaptive Idle Airflow 4.50g/sec maybe too much if you have a larger cam.