Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSJ ID1000 setup.

Tuner in Training

LSJ ID1000 setup.

I copied the offsets based on averages of the appropriate tables since there is no LSJ ID1K table on their website. Does anyone have a working example of a dialed in ID1000 set of tables? I am having a bit of stumble with low speed 1 to 2 shifts and clutch engagements I think is related to how quick these injectors are, and running e85. You can email it to me [email protected]

Tuner
    Give me a day or so and I will make the data for you.

But one question...did you have to reduce your maf tabe quite a bit to even get it to idle? As in were your fuel trims very rich at first?
    Last edited by lwrs10; 08-17-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, he will be here in a few hours so I will try it. I've got a smooth idling, powerful but safe tune right now that has this low vacuum low rpm stumble from a fuel dump or something...

Contact Injector Dynamics. They will put the data in your format if you request it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    I did just that, and it was in my email. Problem solved, fuel loading was an issue, too much offset. I guess for those it concerns these are some wicked fast injectors.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by army_greywolf View Post
    I did just that, and it was in my email. Problem solved, fuel loading was an issue, too much offset. I guess for those it concerns these are some wicked fast injectors.
    How much offset did you have to remove?

Tuner in Training
    almost a third of a ms in the area i was having trouble with, 1.4 to 2.2k rpm/low vacuum killed the stumble as soon as i loaded it in i still say despite being injectors that are big and running 4 bar vacuum regulated return, it's a damn nice injector

Tuner
    almost a third of a ms in the area i was having trouble with, 1.4 to 2.2k rpm/low vacuum killed the stumble as soon as i loaded it in i still say despite being injectors that are big and running 4 bar vacuum regulated return, it's a damn nice injector
    you are the 3rd person i know now that had to cut the offset values. This verifies my findings even more. This damn P12 computer is a pain in the ass.....

Now take the offset tables you had before you cut em, and divide them in half. Bet it will be damn close.

He got the data straight from ID and didn't have to edit that...

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    The tables that Paul Yaw and myself developed for the lsj and the 1d1k's was halved for a resolution reason. We spent the better part of two weeks going back and forth on the scaling to work in the ecm. The tables that he supplies for the ecm work fine.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    The tables that Paul Yaw and myself developed for the lsj and the 1d1k's was halved for a resolution reason. We spent the better part of two weeks going back and forth on the scaling to work in the ecm. The tables that he supplies for the ecm work fine.
    wait.....so the same basic offset you would use in say an E67, 0411, etc you had to cut in half to make it work on the LSJ? Because thats what i have found with 6 different injectors in the P12 ECM so far. I was unaware that this was already accounted for in the data provided by ID for the LSJ.
    Last edited by lwrs10; 08-27-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Senior Tuner
    You either need to email him directly, or tony at t1 directly to get the tables for the lsj.

Tuner in Training
    Let me clarify. I got the LSJ tables from ID emailed to me. It was almost spot on, BUT there you have it, low end stumble, the only way to cure it is to take out offset. I suspect that the higher overall pressure (58 at atmosperic on a return system) is making things a bit faster, I am not exactly sure on that since I haven't seen an ID1000 broke down to look at the nozzle and so forth. Also, when you test everything during installation, it would do you good to offset the whole table by .5 volts, the reported voltage system voltage was 14.3 while the actual voltage at the injector was 13.77. I went ahead and moved the entire table up by one and guess what, just that tiny little bit of midrange that bothered me a little smoothed itself out. Small changes make noticeable differences here, which tells me the dial in needs to happen here and with the other injector tables before you even THINK about VE tuning... After all wrong offset and it'll wash the valves and pool fuel leading to unwanted popping and skewed values on your trims. Big injectors need the precision right? Anyways, take out .22 ms in the 13.5 and 14v from bottom to 81...not necessary beyond that i think.
    Last edited by army_greywolf; 08-28-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: .22 mS not .27

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Still need to perform a ve swing test to be sure

Tuner in Training
    I've tried over and unders already in the stumbling areas, that wasn't the issue, it was the FIRST thing I did actually.

Senior Tuner
    did you put a second set of o-rings on the body of the injector to keep them from pushing through the insulators?

Tuner in Training
    What? Can you show me an example, this is a customer build so I am not picturing what your talking about. I fixed the problem anyways, but I'd still like to see what your referring to.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    lsj intake manifold has injector cups to fit the injectors properly to the head. if you dont put a second larger OD oring on before you install the sealing oring for the lower injector seal the injector will eventually get sucked into the intake manifold and cause vacuum leaks or fuel leaks.

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/24-I...17420C693.aspx
    the cups have their own seals to the head your just installing 2 on the injectors nozzle side
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    What? Can you show me an example, this is a customer build so I am not picturing what your talking about. I fixed the problem anyways, but I'd still like to see what your referring to.
    This is what he is referring too. The 2nd set of O-ring that are to be used on these injectors.