Thread: help. 4-2 down shift when letting off throttle.

help. 4-2 down shift when letting off throttle.

Ok so i just helped tune a 05 GTP but he is having an issue when he lets off the gas. It will down shift from 4th down to 2nd quickly skipping over 3rd. has anyone seen this issue before? In the tune the only trans settings that were changed were the 2-3 and 3-4 WOT rpm and mph. no other trans setting were adjusted. his stock pcm works fine, but the spare pcm we are using with the tune is having the issue. i also lowered PE throttle enable % to 40% from 48.... could this interfere with the throttle by wire? im just baffled what could cause it to down shift when letting off the peddle.

Tuner in Training
    If the stock PCM works fine, I would double check the download RPM/speed settings, they could have been modified improperly (compare the stock settings vs what you see in the modded bin file). Now, I've not looked into the HPT software for a long time to even see if those tables are supported (just back after a many year hiatus, as a matter of fact), but I do know that there are apps out there that can mod those tables. That could be the issue that you are seeing.

I forgot to post the solution on this board. Turns out I forgot to pull the radio fuse when uploading the bin. Being a CAN buss the radio prob was talking while I was writing the files. I don't think the read was bad as I used tiny tuner to cross check it with a known good base file using the bin compare feature.

Tuner in Training
    Wow, that's the first time I hear that!