Thread: CTS-V Low RPM low timing, hesitation

Tuner

CTS-V Low RPM low timing, hesitation

Have a 2011 CTS-V with henessy blower. Everything is tuned perfect but when in a turn or very low speed WOT acceleration, it dips into the low rpm high airmass section of the timing table and it is like -20 degrees timing and the car stubmles for a couple seconds and then starts to make power. This is pronounced during a hard turn. I disabled burst knock under 3000rpm but it did not seem to fix the issue. I also added 20* timing to the idle spark, high and low octane tables just as a test, in all of the 400rpm to 2000rpm cells and it still -20 degrees at like 600 to 1000 rpm.

I believe that if I could get it to add some timing, it would not have this hesitation. Also note that any traction control is turned off.

Any ideas?

scan.hpl

base-noburst.hpt
    Last edited by boostls2; 08-14-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Is that the Henessy tune? Trans tables are all stock, and PE delay & enrichment tables still at stock values. Looks like your on the low octane spark table. Also I would at least disable the closed throttle & power downshift torque management. And I set the spark min torque management to 0* on my tunes.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Yes it is. But the thing is, just for triail and error I actually set every spark table: idle, high octance, low octane, etc to have higher timing down low and it would still do the same thing. I will look into the other things you suggested and report back. Thanks!
    2001 Z06 - Blown (Sold )

Quote Originally Posted by boostls2 View Post
    Yes it is. But the thing is, just for triail and error I actually set every spark table: idle, high octance, low octane, etc to have higher timing down low and it would still do the same thing. I will look into the other things you suggested and report back. Thanks!
    Hes talking about the TM table in the trans TAB.
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph