Thread: Trouble with roush charged 4.6l

Trouble with roush charged 4.6l

Backstory:
    buddy has the car dyno tuned..goes to pass smog it fails for catalyst codes. He takes it to a ford dealer and pays them to flash the roush tune back on his car. Instead they flash a stock 05gt tune on it. The fuel trims were -36% and the car was breaking up @ wot badly. So I flashed on the correct injector data and the cmvc delete since the roush charger doesn't use it. Now the fueling is in line but it's pulling all the timing out at tip in. The higher the TPS% the more timing it pulls under load. When cruising it's fine. If he rolls into the throttle gradually it doesn't seem to dump the timing until he gets much higher into load. If someone can take a look at this and tell me what i'm missing i'd appreciate it.
    mike tune5.hpt
    mike5.hpl
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo

Is this a supercharged roush?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Brooks View Post
    Is this a supercharged roush?
    yes.

First thing's first, is the spark tables have to be renormalized for a boosted application, otherwise you are going to blow through the table to the highest load and run off of it. When you accelerate slow, it probably isn't pegging the table.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Yeah we figured out how to change the spark tables to 1.60 vs. .90 we got our hands on a copy of a roush tune and did a copy paste now the car runs pretty good. As soon as my buddy gets a WB. We'll get it dialed in a bit better

I still need to work on building myself a good scanner config in the meantime.

If You copied timing directly from roush tables, take care. It runs harder timing than N/A on 93 octane and probably has knock sensors off.
    Attached log fron stock supercharged roush, it had 0 knock retard and was 34 deg at 6300! I installed my tune and I had knock at much less.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl