Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Silverado torque management not completly gone.

CAT Overtemp is adding fuel up top......disable it.

It was disabled on the final tune. Thanks

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    older PCMs there was a table minimum timing TqMgt

but as mentioned log the source and i am sure you will find the table.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    any news on this? i cant remove TM

Rick,
    Could you send me a copy of the 14 final tune?

[email protected]

Thanks,
    WC

Any update on this issue? I am also having this same issue. I can't seem to remove all engine TM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    Any update on this issue? I am also having this same issue. I can't seem to remove all engine TM.
    THis has been a problem within the V6 DI motors also... I've done quite a few of them and without all the TQ coefficient tables the C7 seems to be the same way and the Silvy...
    Matt Sorian

MS Tuning, Rosenberg TX

For those commenting not to remove torque management, learn what it is and what it' job is before commenting to not remove it. Torque management is not in place to keep parts from breaking or failing in general. Torque management is there for one job which is to put the power to the drive tires in the smoothest method possible. Without going into the over technical side of things there is no reason to run torque management if the rest of the tune is done correctly.

Senior Tuner
    i never said not to remove all of it. removing it all from the trans side can yield less than stellar results and can shorten the life of the clutch packs severely.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

How well did this tune work??? Would you mind sharing a final tune??

Advanced Tuner
    I'm having trouble with this as well. Sometimes my 14'14's cut throttle during the shift and other times it's only spark. When it cuts throttle, immediate eng tq src reports trans L. But i cant for the life of me find the table that's causing it. Doesn't always do it though

Advanced Tuner
    if all youre going to do is turn stuff off.. buy a carbed vehicle please..

Tuner
    this is an easy fix to get rid of the shift delay and the O2s die out and timing is taken off is that the one you guys are talking about ?
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Tuner in Training
    what about the fuel cut in shifting?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by viper2fast View Post
    what about the fuel cut in shifting?
    fixed it already too its easy you just have to go threw alot of tables

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshtuning View Post
    fixed it already too its easy you just have to go threw alot of tables
    how ?
    i have 2014 silverado same thing

Quote Originally Posted by zippy performance View Post
    For those commenting not to remove torque management, learn what it is and what it' job is before commenting to not remove it. Torque management is not in place to keep parts from breaking or failing in general. Torque management is there for one job which is to put the power to the drive tires in the smoothest method possible. Without going into the over technical side of things there is no reason to run torque management if the rest of the tune is done correctly.
    The following is just my opinion and in no way is the position of management or this channel ...... :-) A second disclaimer is this applies for our daily driver road warrior which at times has to make a run to 7-11 for Pampers, not track only setups

In my eye's torque management does have two responsibilities.......and there are good and bad reasons to disable or enable. The third option is to "turn it down". In previous years I believe it was used to "Spare" parts but also to take the strain off the engine/tranny during high load/shift events to smooth out situations like you said. Engine Torque management is used to support Traction Control and Active handling, both which GM has given us the luxury of enabling or disabling as we see fit.

Engine Torque management is normally increased to allow our power adder mods to operate at their fullest without the PCM trying to protect itself. Most people max them out, I apply reasonable increases based on the mod and its effects on the stock values. Other parameters can be used to "help" get the power from the wheels to the road in a more efficient manner again based on our insatiable desire to increase torque and horsepower yet never have the tires spin. Manual transmissions setups provide that "feathering" as I call it, but automatics need some inside help.

Transmission Torque management can be adjusted to remove fuel/timing pulls during shift events to preclude large dips in torque and again, I am not a big fan of removing it completely, rather "tweaking" the values to provide a smoother application of power to the street. Now Shift times and shift pressures are whole new ball game and here is where you can really F up a perfectly good tranny and is the subject of another thread. Todays TCM's provide neat options like rev matching and if you disable the TM, then you loose that feature. Now I know, the realists out there will say I want that control, but the feature is kind of neat for every day driving.

So I guess what I am trying to say is its not about Yes or No, its more about meeting in the middle.......take away some of the annoying protection/control the stock programming provides but leave in the good bits to help get the power to the road.

Thanks for listening

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 11-16-2014 at 07:32 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    tuned a single cab 2014 5.3 ran a 13.7 @ 100 mph in the 1/4 still has more potential

Potential Tuner
    joshtuning can we see ur tune n what have u done to the truck I would like to see that tune I want to trade my truck in for a new one

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Elnano View Post
    joshtuning can we see ur tune n what have u done to the truck I would like to see that tune I want to trade my truck in for a new one
    Rarely will a tuner share his tune.