Thread: ctsv light throttle stumble and timing retard.

ctsv light throttle stumble and timing retard.

Im having a little issue with this 2011 Cadillac ctsv. When cruising an hitting throttle the car will pull a lot of timing out and stumble. I have retarded the timing and it still does this. Im not sure if im hitting a threshold that would cause this. it will pull back to -15 degrees of timing. I do notice kpa is over 225 sometimes higher. maybe im missing something. Most of this happens around 2500 rpms. the car runs great above 3000 rpm

Car has smaller pully making 14 psi and we have ID850 inj.

you can see this at 4.19 min in the log(kretard3)

3.10 in the second file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by supercowboy; 08-06-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Tuner
    I have a ZL1 with increased boost like you. It's burst knock kicking in. If you add burst knock to the PIDs in the scanner you can see what's happening. I greatly reduced the burst knock table but did not completely eliminate it. It happens because your delta MAP jumps so quickly now with the small pulley that it kicks in the burst knock where it would not with stock boost level.
    Bryan

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZO6_Bryan View Post
    I have a ZL1 with increased boost like you. It's burst knock kicking in. If you add burst knock to the PIDs in the scanner you can see what's happening. I greatly reduced the burst knock table but did not completely eliminate it. It happens because your delta MAP jumps so quickly now with the small pulley that it kicks in the burst knock where it would not with stock boost level.
    I looked at your log now. I take back what I said. Your O2's are bottoming out right before it happens. You are way to lean for some reason. You are at a very high boost at a low RPM and no fuel, so of course it sets of the knock sensors. Are you running MAF mode? SD Mode? Something in you fueling is way off. MAF table or IFR or VVE.
    Bryan

I put all the corrections back this should be working with the Maf. Its just at that light load. In 5th and 6th the car doesn't pull that timing back. It just stumbles a bit

The car was lean in the low boost area. It stays at 14.5 range and 3 or 4 pounds of boost. This was the stumble. I do notice the car wont go into a Power enrichment mode until 47% throttle. I want to adjust this lower but its not working. I zeroed out the pe tables and still the same. If this would kick in at 40% the car would never go lean in that area. Is there something that I am missing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Set your map pe enable to 100kpa, and the tps to 0%.

Russ Kemp

the map set at 0 and my tps is 19 % wouldnt the car be in pe mode right after start up. ill try this see what happens.

If your map is set to 100 to enable PE then theres no way you will see that map reading at idle.

Also your MAF is lean which causes a nice stumble on the V's!
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

This did work I set it to 95 kpa and smoothed the pe out. Need to adjust maf a little too.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    as mentioned, remove all delays and have your PE kick in at like 90KPA and all rpm or hyst zero them out, also make sure your TPS is 0%
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161