Thread: stalls when trying to do a donut

Tuner

stalls when trying to do a donut

Hey guys,
    Looking to be pointed in the right direction. I was up late last night repinning a 2001 FBody computer where a 2004 GTO one came out because I thought there was some undeletable traction control that I might have been missing. But the problem persists with this computer, too.

The car will do fantastic rolling burnouts and light em up super hard out of the hole, but it won't swing a donut. I was thinking it might have been an inertia switch of some sort in the fuel tank, but I haven't found any evidence of such. There isn't anything in the computer tuning that I should be looking at is there? I did another car with almost the same tune (save for the 85mm MAF I did on this one) that loves donuts. Just wondering is anyone has had the same problem on their car..

Sounds like an earth or connection issue. Gotta a log with Ign Voltage, Inj etc.

Tuner
    I'll try to record a log in a second. You should see the speed climb and then drop off and it'll stall or try to

Tuner
    the failed donut starts at about the 56th second. oxygen sensors aren't repinned because I'm not sure I want to keep this computer in this car. I liked the GTO computer better. I spent time on the MAF tuning on that computer than I did this one. camarodonutfail.hpl

Tuner
    anyone think it's strange for the MAP sensor to jump to 100 before it stalls? I replaced the little orange boot seal around it because it wasn't looking so hot yesterday. But problem persists. Dialed the MAF again and still couldn't get it to go. Tried unplugging the MAF and tried unplugging the MAP and tried unplugging BOTH.. nothing helps it to swing a circle.

Can't look.. at your log here, what's the fuel pressure doing? Maybe it's starving out.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Can't look.. at your log here, what's the fuel pressure doing? Maybe it's starving out.
    it was the fuel pump. Hooked up a gauge to the aftermarket rail and watched it plummet under load. Gonna try a granatelli pump in it when the client brings it back