Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 8.1L turbo, ETC closing to 70% @WOT and 4000RPMS

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    The MAF won't "unfail" after it's failed.
    yeah, that makes sense. Not sure where that thought came from.

Tuner in Training
    So, with this OS, I am limited to 2 bar Map sensor. This engine and turbo system will just be waking up at 1 bar of boost. It is making 600wtq and 460whp on our Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno at 7psi right now. I am exploring options. Looking at a tune from a 99 Chevy truck with a 5.3L, it has the option for 3 bar map sensor. ECM connector wiring is very similar, but I'm not sure that it would send the right signals for the Allison transmission to operate properly. The other option would be to swap computers and swap the trans to a 4L80. Or is it possible to use a different tune with a 3bar OS in the computer that I currently have?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Robi's Repair View Post
    Just so I am sure, to fail the MAF and work in SD, all I have to do is set the MAF Fail High to "0"? I read the "how to" in the help file and that seems to be it other than forcing OL. Do people fail the MAF a little higher so as to use it in low engine speed operation and switch to SD later. I think in the case of a giant cam with a lot of overlap it would be beneficial to use MAF to get a stable idle.
    The 1/2/3 bar SD OS for the GEN III pcm are desigened for Speed Density ONLY. If you try to use them with a MAF, you could get some unpredictable behavior. If you are running a 2 bar OS, then you have to run MAF-less.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 08-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    Jaime

Also look at your Maf Cylair Max table. Your exceeding it by 3500 rpm. Unless the Maf is removed, you will need to raise that table.

Russ Kemp