Thread: EFR 6758 Installed!! Boost question

EFR 6758 Installed!! Boost question

I cannot for the life of me get this turbo to hold 21+ psi It'll spike at 25 but then hold 21 to redline. Can you guys look at my map and give me some tips? The wgdc table is at 95% in those high load areas, I don't understand why nothing seems to work. Thank you very much!

Setup: All bolt ons, E47.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

Advanced Tuner
    Increase your pressure limit to 300 KPA just to start, located under Engine - Torque Management - Turbo

I would also adjust the pressure RPM factor that located in the same area. I would make it as follows - 2.8, 2.9 and carry 3.0 across.

Those two changes alone *should* allow for more boost. I would be careful when you go out logging though as the way you have your DALs and WGDC setup, you could see some serious boost.

Under Engine - Fuel - COT,Lean Cruise - Make the entire table 1 unless you enjoy your PE being pulled down to .85 when the temp algorithm is tripped.

I would also suggest going into your Optimum Torque table and until you're more experienced, leave everything else alone and make the far right column as follows:
    Last edited by T-Man; 08-03-2013 at 12:45 AM.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

You are the man!! I'll lower wgdc and give this a shot and post back up with the results and/or logs!
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

Well, made some good power on the dyno today with the efr! 25.5psi and 23* timing up top. This turbo loves boost! Need more fuel. It's on E47. This run Idc spiked to 8.0ms at peak tq and 6.1ms by redline. Weather today sucked.

was this done in 3rd gear? shouldnt it be done in 4th since 4th is a 1:1 and more accurate?

oh btw you should fix your sig.
    2008 Sky RL

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    You are the man!! I'll lower wgdc and give this a shot and post back up with the results and/or logs!
    So what came of the changes I suggested?

Well, made some good power on the dyno today with the efr! 25.5psi and 23* timing up top. This turbo loves boost! Need more fuel. It's on E47. This run Idc spiked to 8.0ms at peak tq and 6.1ms by redline. Weather today sucked.

Power looks good and fueling sounds like it's relatively safe. Any fuel pressure drop at peak torque?

Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    was this done in 3rd gear? shouldnt it be done in 4th since 4th is a 1:1 and more accurate?

oh btw you should fix your sig.
    Third is a much better option as it's a 1.18 ratio versus 4th, which is a slightly overdriven gear at 0.89

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    So what came of the changes I suggested?
    These numbers I lowered the wgdc in conjuction with the suggestions you gave me and the first pull was 25.5 psi. That was my target boost level, just didn't think I'd get there in 1 revision haha. Your suggestions made a world of a difference, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Power looks good and fueling sounds like it's relatively safe. Any fuel pressure drop at peak torque?
    There was a drop, 8.1ms at peak tq, then it leveled back out at 6.1ms by redline. AFR dropped to .85 around peak tq tho too so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it! So we'll keep it there for now. Man, he needs more fuel. He doesn't beat his car everyday so it should be ok.

Advanced Tuner
    These numbers I lowered the wgdc in conjuction with the suggestions you gave me and the first pull was 25.5 psi. That was my target boost level, just didn't think I'd get there in 1 revision haha. Your suggestions made a world of a difference, thank you very much!

There was a drop, 8.1ms at peak tq, then it leveled back out at 6.1ms by redline. AFR dropped to .85 around peak tq tho too so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it! So we'll keep it there for now. Man, he needs more fuel. He doesn't beat his car everyday so it should be ok.

Right on man, glad things worked out!

Are you logging commanded and actual fuel rail pressure? If not, I would suggest you do as it will help to give you a better idea as to what's going on.

Also, I would suggest messing around with the injection timing (increase it) and commanded fuel pressure. Might be able to smooth things out and keep your buddies ride safe.

Ya, thanks a lot!!

I will look into that for sure. Yes I am logging cfp an afp. I need to review the logs again. Thanks again!