Thread: On the fly e fuel blend LNF

On the fly e fuel blend LNF

So I love the power the LNF makes on e47 but economy and blending is a PITA.

Looking to use a 5th fuel injector but on a seperate fuel source. I have a saturn sky and I have straight pipes. I have a large vacant space where the muffler used to be. Pondering on making a small 5gal fuel tank in its place with its own fuel pump regulator and lines for the fifth and fill with e85.

I dont see any major tuning problems as long as I tune it similar to a fifth injector system and just ramp into the secondary fuel slowly... what do you guys think?

So while cruising I can use 93octane only and when I boost e85 will get sprayed in.

E85 will make you run lean, very lean (with 93oct afr in boost) mixed with gasoline. So if you setup WOT afr to 93+e85 you may be ok, but when you run out of E85 your wot afr will be pig rich. You have a good idea, it's just managing fuel mixture (on/off) vs afr is the hard part.
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    E85 will make you run lean, very lean (with 93oct afr in boost) mixed with gasoline. So if you setup WOT afr to 93+e85 you may be ok, but when you run out of E85 your wot afr will be pig rich. You have a good idea, it's just managing fuel mixture (on/off) vs afr is the hard part.
    right. I was planning on tuning at WOT for e85+93 but it will mostly be e85.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i know how to tune for the ramp in on this. its super easy kinda like methanol injection.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

im excited for this!!! going to get quotes for this set up. I need custom tank, fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, fuel injector, fuel injector bung like this

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/i...ungev1-med.jpg

and i will either use a spare megasquirt computer that i have to ramp in the fuel injector with a wideband to help control fuel ratio or i will need to buy a progressive PWM controller with map inputs....

Any suggestions?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    since you already have the spare i would recommend that.
    tune for a 100% pump 91 tune in the factory ecu...this way when you run out and spray 91 only on accident you have a tune running the proper afr. the only thing that will be off will be ignition timing.
    spray the additional injector with the megasquirt and control the afr with that unit for the ranges where the injector is operating.

if you decide meth injection controller you need a controller that uses rpm, tps, maf and boost. boost is easy you just control the boost pressure switch on the pump. the rest you fine tune the start points one at a time.
    with this kit you will have to alter the stock ecu settings big time so if you run out it wont be as safe.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 08-02-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman