Thread: In over my head.

Potential Tuner

In over my head.

Hey guys, this is the first vehicle that I have tuned, my daily driven 98 s10, L31 5.7L. 0411 controller running an 02 Express van program.

Currently during engine braking it pops out the exhaust like crazy. I've also got bank 1 and bank 2 rich codes. After installing an AEM wideband just yesterday, I realized that while engine braking the truck is still ~14.7, meaning DFCO is not doing it's job? (I think?). I know my previous vehicle used to flat-line the same wideband on the lean scale during decel. Assuming this is also my rich codes as the truck runs very healthy through all other driving conditions. At first, I assumed this was caused by the fact the "tune" is for an automatic, but after switching to manual transmission and verifying through calibration details, I'm currently at a loss. I've attached my current tune, if someone could help that'd be great.

WilsonNEW1.hpt

I'm also looking at ditching the MAF. Is it as simple as changing the OS to a 1/2/3 Bar MAP OS and deleting the MAF DTCs?

Thanks in advance, guys.
    1998 S10 L31 5.7L v8, NV3500, 4-linked, QA1's.

Will take a look at the tune later where I can open it, but just to let you know SD tune and VE table setup is not something you want to jump into just starting. What RPM does it go into PE mode?