Thread: 215/215 106 LSA start up on 07 5.3 avalanche

215/215 106 LSA start up on 07 5.3 avalanche

the truck starts fairly fine the first start up of the day when cold but once warmed up you have to floor it to start it what can i change for this? I've played with the timing tables that i know to do, it seems like maybe its a enrichment problem?.. I don't know, and then what can i do for the throttle follower? when i rev it in park or neutral it dies a lot of the time after i let it come back down from the free rev.
    I Have it running good at idle and during coasting down / in gear etc ..
    Thanks in advance

Tuner in Training
    I have nearly the same issue, 2007 Z71 comp cams 212/220 114, long tubes, CAI and ory. I use a little help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by limitless View Post
    the truck starts fairly fine the first start up of the day when cold but once warmed up you have to floor it to start it what can i change for this? I've played with the timing tables that i know to do, it seems like maybe its a enrichment problem?.. I don't know, and then what can i do for the throttle follower? when i rev it in park or neutral it dies a lot of the time after i let it come back down from the free rev.
    I Have it running good at idle and during coasting down / in gear etc ..
    Thanks in advance
    Under Idle --> Airflow --> Startup Airflow

Multiply everything in the table by 1.2 from the 133 coolant temp line down
    The increase any numbers above to equal at least what you new number is in 133 line

This should fix your problem

You may need to adjust the Airflow Final Minimum table if you have a rough idle or bucking at low rpm cruising

Cheers!

Tuner in Training
    since i have a smaller cam should i multiply by a smaller number? I just did my swap about 35 miles ago. Today when turning into a parking lot it stalled this is the only time this has happened. Should i just make changes to the idle tables? I havent adjusted anything there yet. It idles about 550-600 rpm with A/C on or off. What should i be at?

Why are you running a 106 LSA cam in an injected engine?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mineralareatuning View Post
    It's pretty low on duration, so even at a 106 LSA he's not running a lot of overlap.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by Burnmyeyes View Post
    since i have a smaller cam should i multiply by a smaller number? I just did my swap about 35 miles ago. Today when turning into a parking lot it stalled this is the only time this has happened. Should i just make changes to the idle tables? I havent adjusted anything there yet. It idles about 550-600 rpm with A/C on or off. What should i be at?
    You could try 1.15 instead if you want to

You can look your idle speed up in the table under Engine --> Idle --> Target Idle Speed

True but what a poor cam selection WOW.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mineralareatuning View Post
    Why do you think this is a bad thing? That cam is a torque monster and has a high DCR. Its perfect for a heavy rig.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali