Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aussie BA AU model Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    progress is being made, it is slow but i hope to make plans for beta after the next release.

The good news is that we are very close to hiring some more engineers to increase our development team.

Chris...
    I know this is just one of the many things that you are trying to get done for us and we do appreciate it alot, so thank you very much chris.
    So when can i have the beta version .
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Oh thats good news... my ford driving mates will be very keen to hear that!
    keep up with the good work there Chris!

Tuner in Training
    Very good Chris. Looking forward to trying an alternative to the current software I'm using.

Are we getting this in the new beta .
    cheers tim

Tuner in Training
    This is Good news but not quite as good as a release date. Any idea for beta
    Come'on hook a brother up Look foward to its release Keep up good work

????????????????

anything yet, beta?

Potential Tuner
    hi guys
    is it posable at the moment to to read the Australian V8 BA GT ford falcon ...with the curent hp tuners software?

still waiting paitently, i really dont want to go and buy the sct or sniper software for the job if hpt are going to do it, but now waiting this long if i had of known befor hand the time frame for a release that still isnt here i would have brought other software allternatives, Not to mention we get charged a premimum for our 6ltr cars in aus requiring 4 credits, $ savings alone makes efi live more viable for any current models.

over 2.5 years this thread has been going and still no resolution.

yeah i'm the first to admit it sucks. I could list the many things that have caused us delays on this project (some within our control some not) but that doesn't make it better. It has been very frustrating for everyone and i know a lot of folks had no choice but to purchase other products and we just have to accept that and continue to move forward.

The good news is, we are now VERY close to starting the beta for BA and BF models.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    thats good to hear Chris,

ive got a line up out side waiting for it..

chris thank you very much for a response, there are alot of aussie tuners out there dying for this software. If i had plenty of money to blow i would have purchased one of the other suitable tuning programs but i just kept passing off these guys to other tuners which results in the custumers traveling 400+klms for their tune else where, Plus i know and trust the hpt gear and ability.

Am i able to be placed on the beta list for this application please chris?

cheers tim

sure once we make an announcement, just email support and Bill will enable beta download for you
    I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delft Calais
    Not to mention we get charged a premimum for our 6ltr cars in aus requiring 4 credits, $ savings alone makes efi live more viable for any current models.
    We recently lowered our exclusive year/model licensing on Australian Gen 4's to be identical to our other Gen 4 car licenses meaning after tuning 3 of the same year/model the 4th would only cost 3 credits to apply the unlimited license for that year/model(total of ~$750 if you went that route or only $600 for the year/model up front) and never need to pay again whereas with efi you keep paying & paying and paying unless you want to spend upwards of $7500 for the E40,E38, T42 & T43 tunershop PCM/TCM "streams". Pretty viable now IMHO
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 07-25-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    We recently lowered our exclusive year/model licensing on Australian Gen 4's to be identical to our other Gen 4 car licenses meaning after tuning 3 of the same year/model the 4th would only cost 3 credits to apply the unlimited license for that year/model(total of ~$750 if you went that route or only $600 for the year/model up front) and never need to pay again whereas with efi you keep paying & paying and paying unless you want to spend upwards of $7500 for the E38, E40, T42 & T43 tunershop PCM/TCM "streams". Pretty viable now IMHO
    on a year model licence yes its certainly is good value, but not being a full time tuner and most of the 6ltr cars still being under warranty owners are a little relunctent to tune so i generaly only buy single licenses.
    4 credits i can actually live with to a certain extent but if wanting to do mafless tuning im then up for another 2 credits for the e38 so its 4+2=6 credits and $300 us compared to an ls1 1bar cost of $150us.

But why do we have to pay double what the us guys do for our own cars?
    pontiac gto 6ltr = 2 credits
    holden monaro 6ltr = 4 credits?
    pontiac g8 = 2 credits
    holden ve commodore = 4 credits?
    Why?

In keeping with the ford topic i would fully understand paying more for our ford products as it is only specific to us.

This is not personally aimed at you bill.

cheers tim
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 07-25-2008 at 10:10 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delft Calais
    on a year model licence yes its certainly is good value, but not being a full time tuner and most of the 6ltr cars still being under warranty owners are a little relunctent to tune so i generaly only buy single licenses.
    4 credits i can actually live with to a certain extent but if wanting to do mafless tuning im then up for another 2 credits for the e38 so its 4+2=6 credits and $300 us compared to an ls1 1bar cost of $150us.
    You would need to tune ~37 single vcm gen 4 australian licenses @ 4 credits each=148 credits total to get to the same cost as their E40,E38, T42 & T43 streams all of which you would need to tune 05-09 Holden 6.0's with efi's software which total $7500 upon further review when purchased individually. Now obviously nobody is going to do all of those single licenses when you could've licensed the Gen 4 car tunershop license for only 130 [email protected] each=$5070 and comes with all of our gen 4 custom operating systems free of charge.

Either way you do things it still comes out thousands less than the competition even though we are the only ones to offer an E38 custom operating system & have nearly double the A6 transmission parameters available not to mention the 02 switchpoint parameters we added to make us the only ones with switchpoint functionality, etc.

We simply cannot give it away to our customers as we've spent thousands of man hours invested in our Australian market to make sure we are the best product on the market there with the most features, support & parameters available.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

The aussie pricing is based on guidance from our dealer here as they have done amazing work in servicing our customers in Australia.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

thanks chris, fingers crossed the beta isnt to far away.
    cheers tim

i hear the beta is very close for us