Thread: lsj spark pulled due to intake temps

lsj spark pulled due to intake temps

i have read from a few members, with good tuning experience that spark is pulled due to iat1 temps and not iat2. i wanted to test it to make sure this was true. i suspected that it was, although completely backwards of the way it should be.

i set up a histo to view the data nicely, but for some reason, the ignition spark advance pid was not working for me. so the charts will have to do

the first screenshot is of the iat spark multiplier, which i set to 1 across the board for simplicity, and the iat spark correction, which i set to -5 for iat temps above 122* f and above a certain airmass.

the second screenshot is of the log that i ran. it shows that i hit 13* of timing when at 91* = iat1 and 126* = iat2.

the last screenshot shows that my timing table is commanding 18* of timing at the given rpm and airflow

so, spark is actually pulled due to iat2. keep in mind, this is an 06 lsj. i dont know the differences in ecus.
    this may be pointless, but at least it has given me definitive answers as to what theses tables are actually doing. hopefully this will help others out as well

iat spark test 1.pngiat spark test.pngiat spark test 2.png

Tuner
    I was 99% sure it was iat2 temps that pulled timing. this verifies that.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    It's always iat2 because that's the air entering the motor. Appreciate the official documentation and it will be combined with the rest of the lsj info shortly so people can sort out their concerns on the topic.

People thought i was crazy lol.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post262354

that is why i thought otherwise. just stumbled upon it again lol