Thread: Engine stalling and rough idle (LY6)

Potential Tuner

Engine stalling and rough idle (LY6)

I am having trouble with my swap. Gen IV LY6 (from GMC Sierra 2008 model) and 6L80 (from Escalade 2009 model) into my CJ7. It starts ok and the first idle is fine. But I have trouble reving the engine up. It simply dies under 3000. After that it is difficult to start it and I have rough idle. I can’t do the CASE relearn because the engine wont rev up to maximum to finish.
    It seems to be too rich. I now get the P0101, P01016, P0172, P0175 codes.

I have attached two log files and the tune file (zipped). Can you imagine what is going on?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post the .cfg file so we can see what you logged. Is that a P0106?

Tuner in Training
    well those cods are rich codes and maf code check maf I had a big problem with a swap unplug maf c what happens if u have an intake a 90 and the maf sensor right behind it its a problem, make sure that honeycomb plate is still in the maf señor that stabilizes the air. a hot wire maf using cooling to determine air speed so if you have to close to a bend you get a turbulence problem depending on were the hot wire is. I know a lot of people take the honey comb screen out for some odd reason they think it was installed for no reason when it actually makes the air hit the wire straight for an accurate reading.

Tuner in Training
    here is one log from jonasje car showing the backfire with more pids logged, Attachment 47941
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by einarak; 12-06-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by einarak View Post
    here is one log from jonasje car showing the backfire with more pids logged, Attachment 47941
    The extra PIDs might help if we knew what they were. Please post your .cfg file. This is the configuration file for your scanner logging. It will allow us to view all the stuff you logged without having to find it on our end. In the HPT scanner software under the "file" tab you will find the open, save, save as options for configuration.

Tuner in Training
    of course I forgot to put it up with the log file, i have edited my earlier post

Potential Tuner
    I have ordered a new MAF. My old one was giving around and over 3000 Hz idling. I was expecting around 2400. Isn't that normal for this engines. I sure hope that will solve my problem.

Potential Tuner
    I have also checked the fuel pressure. Stable around 58 psi.