Thread: Bosch 0280 158 117 Injector Data

Tuner in Training

Bosch 0280 158 117 Injector Data

Can anyone confirm whether the Bosch 0280 158 117 injectors are the same as the Ford Racing M-9593-G302 injectors from Greg's spreadsheet? I bought the tuning DVDs in large part for the spreadsheet. Since these injectors appear to be sold interchangeably, I've tried the values in there, but I'm not convinced that they're correct based on my logs. Unfortunately, I really made too many changes at once to prove it without de-modding a bit first. I'm debating either going back to stock injectors, tuning the MAF and VE table, and then swapping back to the Bosch injectors OR just going with ID 850's or another well quantified injector.

Thanks.

Tim
    1995 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34
    2004 Honda S2000
    2007 Saab 9-7X 6.0i
    2013 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT, Stealth Blue

Tuner in Training
    Well, I went back to my stock intake, stock injectors, and stock MAP sensor. Immediately, the tune was spot on (even though I have LS3 heads, a LS9 cam, and American Racing headers). I've done some datalogging and made minor changes, but the driveability is much better.

So now, I'll gradually be adding those mods back on to see what the problem was. MAP sensor first, intake second, and injectors last. I suspect the injectors are the culprit, but I won't know until I have tested the other modifications.

Tim
    2004 Honda S2000
    2007 Saab 9-7X 6.0i

Tuner in Training
    I replaced the injectors with the Bosch 56# ones I had trouble with before. This time, I used the L92 fuel rail rather than the LS2 fuel rail. They fit much better. Both o-rings are fully seated. I also redid some of the injector data with the data from the LS9/LSA. It started and ran, but was 5-6% too rich. I compared Greg's injector data with the LS9 injector data and guess what, the G302 (0280 158 117) injectors flowed ~ 5-7% more within that range of the IFR table. I put the injector data in from Greg's spreadsheet and now the tune was spot on.

So, one or a combination of things may have happened.
    My intake was really throwing off the tune and I never noticed before (Doubtful, but possible. The old logs I have do not show this, but I hadn't checked recently.)
    The 2.5 bar MAP sensor really screwed things up in the OS.
    I mixed up some of the injector offset data in HPTuners (initially changing Offset vs Volts vs MAP instead of Offset vs Press vs IGNV)
    When I removed the injectors initially, one was missing an o-ring. Possibly, it was missing the whole time...

Anyway, I will keep putting other modifications back on to see if it really was the intake or the MAP sensor. If not, the most likely conclusion is that my mistakes in the offset data really messed up the tune.

Tim
    2004 Honda S2000
    2007 Saab 9-7X 6.0i

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    I replaced the injectors with the Bosch 56# ones I had trouble with before. This time, I used the L92 fuel rail rather than the LS2 fuel rail. They fit much better. Both o-rings are fully seated. I also redid some of the injector data with the data from the LS9/LSA. It started and ran, but was 5-6% too rich. I compared Greg's injector data with the LS9 injector data and guess what, the G302 (0280 158 117) injectors flowed ~ 5-7% more within that range of the IFR table. I put the injector data in from Greg's spreadsheet and now the tune was spot on.

So, one or a combination of things may have happened.
    My intake was really throwing off the tune and I never noticed before (Doubtful, but possible. The old logs I have do not show this, but I hadn't checked recently.)
    The 2.5 bar MAP sensor really screwed things up in the OS.
    I mixed up some of the injector offset data in HPTuners (initially changing Offset vs Volts vs MAP instead of Offset vs Press vs IGNV)
    When I removed the injectors initially, one was missing an o-ring. Possibly, it was missing the whole time...

Anyway, I will keep putting other modifications back on to see if it really was the intake or the MAP sensor. If not, the most likely conclusion is that my mistakes in the offset data really messed up the tune.

Tim
    Hey Tim - Old thread revival, what was the outcome of this? I'm curious because i just bought these injectors and will be putting them in my gen 4 ls2.