Thread: need a totally stock 98 .bin

Advanced Tuner

need a totally stock 98 .bin

I have a 98 camaro a guy wants tuned and the tune that is in it is pretty jacked up. i want a stock file so i can start from scratch. I DID check the repository, but all the files i found had like 28 degrees of timing in the WOT areas of the high octane spark table...is that how they came stock? i've never hooked up to a '98 car to see...is that how they are? I uploaded the file i pulled from the car for reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    i've also noticed the gear/tire calc figures and VSS pulses are different in a lot of the stock files i get from the repository compared to mine and to each other....

Tuner
    even if its not completely stock it probably looks better then what your working with by the sounds of it. The tune you posted seems safe enough to use as a base to start tuning.
    Got GEN II-IV LSx or GEN V LTx parts to sell? Post em completely free on LSx LTx buy/sell/trade Facebook group. Invite your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169854669867850/

DO YOU OWN A FORD, DODGE OR GM ALLOYTECH VEHICLE AND GET A MESSAGE SAYING "VALIDATE CHECKSUM FAILED. YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO SAVE OR FLASH THIS FILE." IF SO FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...lash-this-file

Advanced Tuner
    he has fuel trims/closed loop disabled and the stoich AFR value changed to 15.00366...not sure why. The car is just a cam only '98 with headers, converter, and SLP lid. The tune isn't really jacked up i guess, i just wanted to start from scratch so i KNOW what was done for sure.

I just wasn't sure what a stock 98 file was supposed to look like since i've nver pulled one out of a car myself. I'm leary about taking stuff out of the repository since people can put anything in there and call it what they like. I found a few more and besides the VSS/tire settings, they match the ones from the repository.

Tuner in Training
    This is a stock tune from my 98 z28 m6.

Advanced Tuner
    thanks man

This is a stock 1998 Camaro A4 with 2.73 gears. And yes they do have 28* WOT spark timing stock, and that is too much timing.

Russ Kemp