Thread: Getting estimated torque curve for vehicle simulation

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb Getting estimated torque curve for vehicle simulation

Hello everybody,
    I am new to ECU Tuning, I am working on an LNF build, but in the process I am using a physics engine software to predict vehicle performance on each setup, and try to find the best power band for my particular specs (weight, ratios, tires, etc...)

The question is, in the particular case of the LNF, we have something called Desired Air Load Table right? as far as I understand that means how much torque is the ECU asking for? Is it ok to use this table to feed the physics engine with the estimated torque curve or should I look to combination of different tables?

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ad-Information

Read this and it will help you to better understand what you're asking about. The DAL table is but one piece of the puzzle
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, however in the Torque Demand (TD) diagram, 2 of the 3 tables are locked (At least in 2008, any news now?), leaving me with my only option be the Desired Air Load Table, correct me if wrong.

Then in the Torque Structure (TS) I can use DAL table in conjunction with Optimum Engine Torque Table with an estimated lambda efficiency to get my values.

How wrong does that sounds?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    desired air load is not really a torque request. it is exactly what its name implies, a air load demand table. here is the theory behind the table:
    the tables values represent an amount of air load. This air load value does not directly relate to kpa values so don't think that because we set it to 255 dal that you will get 255 kpa. at 255 dal with no traction control and 100 dc this motor will perform over 294 kpa which is 28 psi. so in changing the values you are requesting an amount of air entering the motor. at low dal values the ecu open the throttle plate to control the desired amount of airflow which is represented by the value in the dal table. after a certain point when the plate hits 100% open then the only way to get more airflow is to start applying positive pressure or boost. The values in this table apply in a way we don't understand fully due to it making various calculations based off of multiple tables i don't see how you are going to get an accurate enough formula to use for your physics engine analysis software without having the bosch ecu formulation base in hand.

i do wish you good luck on your project and hope to see the results of your attempts and time researching this platform in the future.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman