Thread: Enhanced SD tune ???

Enhanced SD tune ???

I have an 02 operating system that I have an enhanced MAF tune on. Motor runs great with the maf on and when I put it in SD mode. I ditched the maf and swapped it over to an enhanced SD so as to keep the RTT and not have to have it kicking a code from the maf. When I did this it fired right up. However it would not rev, it showed being lean. I went back and compared the files just make sure everything was the same. On the enh SD tune I zerod out the maf and set the dtc to no error. I also set the trans codes to no error since it will be hooked up to a TH400. Its on an engine dyno right now. Just to make sure there wasn't something else wrong I switched ecu that had the exact same maf tune on it, It worked just fine. So is there something different that has to be done when going to an enh SD tune? Also why does it still have tables for the Maf?

I figured it out. FYI....even though it is still enhanced SD tune you still have to fail the maf and set to see on first time in the DTC. It did not work for me to set to no error. That was all I changed and it worked just fine. So the only thing that I have found to be different between an enhanced MAF tune and an enhanced SD tune is one has RTT for the MAF and the other doesn't. Everything else appears to be the same.