Thread: P0420 on sky redline

P0420 on sky redline

been catless for a while with an o2 extender that works rather well. every once in a while itll throw a P0420 Catalyst System Low Efficiency, 4 - MIL On (after 5 seconds) but then go away on its own. problem now is that it came back on right before i needed an inspection sticker. i tried driving around a few more weeks for it to go off on its own but no luck.

now my inspection sticker is expired and i dont want to aimlessly drive around hoping itll fix itself. its not a big deal right now because the car isnt my dd but i would like to drive it again without having to watch for cops lol.

is there a way to change the engine diagnostics to where it doesnt set off the code but doesnt disable it either? they dont sniff test here but they do read the ecm to check for codes and if the code is going off they fail it (obviously) but theyll also fail it if its disabled. i do have the stock cat to put back on as a last resort but id rather not have to do all that work just to go catless right after.

been running catless for atleast two years with no problems (and luck) until now.

anybody been able to get by catless without getting inspection stickers under the table?
    2008 Sky RL

no ideas anybody?
    2008 Sky RL

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    have you tried the solstice forum....same setup basically
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

no but ill check it out. thanks.
    2008 Sky RL