Thread: wideband help

Advanced Tuner

wideband help

I just got my wideband today and am about to work on installing it. I am going to the exhaust shop tomorrow to get my EGR blockoff plate welded on and the new o2 bung drilled. How do I need to route this thing into the vehicle and how do I install the power wires, or do they have to be wired up even with the HPT EIO interface?

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

I go up over the heat shield and in through the door crack/hinge area.... and just come in that way...theres an amazing amount of space there...

others come up thru the engine bay and thru a firewall grommit, or they come up thru the shifter boot

I power mine from the stock o2 sensor connector
    theres a writeup in the stickies
    Last edited by S2H; 12-19-2005 at 09:52 PM.
    -Scott -

one day when i get mine i will have to go by that write up, pretty slick.

let us know how the hook up goes, you got the lc1 right?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

teh problem I am having right now is that my stock o2 doesnt switch with teh narrow band side...so I think I have to take mine apart and check to see if maybe I pinched or broke or melted a wire...
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    I did get the LC-1.

I think I will use my rear o2 wiring, I took those out when I removed my cats So I got the 12v and the heater ground covered, what about the system and analog grounds?

hmm, how does this work out? my transmission is out right now so if i can run wires from my rear o2s for wb power i woudl lkike to do it now. what wires do i need to extend??
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    I am going to get some 16 guage wire tomorrow and just run it into the cab and connect it there to the lc-1 unit. I took the old sensor and stripped the sensor off and re-used the connector and am just running wire from there.

Chris

front and rear o2's are wired the same so my wiring in the stickies applies for it as well...
    D +12
    C ground
    B NB signal
    A NB ground

labeled on the connector that is on teh o2 sensor....I just used an old sensor, cut it off and spliced it
    -Scott -

so when the WB has to be hooked up to the EIO, what wire needs to go into there? just the signal wire? i might as well leave the rears, sicne i will be taking out a front o2 anyway to do this, can plug right up to it instead.

nvm your pic looks like a few wires go to EIO, im kinda confused lol. ill reread that, i guess im just confused as to what already comes with the wb and what is needed

Advanced Tuner
    yeah i noticed some wires left over from my install, I had a local performance shop do it, they did a really clean job. So more wires have to go to the EIO interface??ahhhhhhhh i hate wiring.

Chris

Advanced Tuner
    Now all I have to do when I get my USB EIO interface is connect the system cal and ground wires to the EIO interface right? Does the serial cable that came on the LCI not connect to anything ({the serial in/ous)?

Chris

correct..serial doesn connect anywhere...
    It is ued to program and log from the LC1 itself...using log works and LM programmer...
    you need LM programmer to set output resolution from instant to 1/12 on wideband and 1/6 on narrowband
    -Scott -

Tuner
    Another idea on getting the wires into the cab: I removed the pass sill plate, and there's an indentation where some other wires come up from the rear. I drilled a hole large enough to get the connecter thru, then came up they the overlap in the carpet, then under the seat. When I took the wideband out for the winter, I just filled the grommet with black silicone.

Advanced Tuner
    I had it installed yesterday, they came in through somewhere in the firewall and tied into the electrical system through the cab fuse box. Everything is grounded there also. The serial outs for it come out right below my cupholders on the dash, I'll have to post some pics. The only wires I think I have left to wire are the ones that will go to the EIO, which I think I want them to come out in the same place as the WB serial outs.

Chris