Thread: 2006 colorado ls3/4l70e swap e67 intermittent throttle problem

Tuner in Training

2006 colorado ls3/4l70e swap e67 intermittent throttle problem

Just swaped an 2008 ls3 and 4l70e into a colorado.

Used current performance harness.... had to fix a few things but got it working

using a 2009 colorado e67 pcm and a tcm with a 2009 tbss OS

I got it running and driving pretty well.( its all very close to stock ls3 parameters) Then sometimes when i start it, it feels like the throttle wont go past 20% or so and feels like reduced power . NO CODES then sometimes it will clear it self up and run perfect other times i shut it off restart it and its fine. other times its not ...

any thoughts
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    What throttle body and APP assembly are you using? If you're using a Colorado setup (09 tb/APP), then you need to use the corresponding ECM OS (i.e. a Colorado OS).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Update: 08 ls3 tb with colorado pedal seems to work good so far ... Here is what happens
    start truck revs fine ....first take off only 2000 rpm nothing more if I stop the truck don't shut it off and take off again throttle works good and never misses a beat ... I can make this happen every time if I stop the truck to a dead stop then everything works fine

Advanced Tuner
    What year 4L70E are you using? Is it out of a 2009 TBSS? I ask because GM changed the internals up in 09 and they wont work with an earlier TCM OS (which would explain why you're using an 09 TBSS TCM OS). Honestly though, Id go back to the 09 Coly TCM OS if you can. No reason to mix n match OSs in this case. (I cant remember if the Colys came with the 60E, but there's really no programming difference between a 60E and 70E.)

You never get above 1800rpms in that log so we cant see the problem replicated. TPS never gets above 40% IIRC.

Take a log of initial startup, get it to the point where it "cuts out" around 2k, then come to a stop, then continue driving to show the RPMs going higher than 2k. Log your WB as well so we can see what the fueling is doing. You have a few degrees of knock in there as well, only 2-3*.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Laptop is at work I will post a log
    Tomorrow. It's an 07 tbss trans using an 09 OS because the 07 tbss OS I was using didn't communicate with the dash properly.

I was/am dealing with Jared at current performance he sent me the ECM/tcm then I reflashed the tcm for 09 tbss and fixed my dash speedo problem.

Tuner in Training
    OK so here is the update on this jared told me that the 4l70e is internally regulated different then a 4l60e or whatever came in the Colorado so i cant use a 09 Colorado 0S with the 4l70e.

What is happening is first start up i go to drive 2000 rpm limit ( no spark reduction no trac control just throttle limiting) i stop completely and drives perfect no problems..... if i put it in park it will do the 2000 rpm limit until i stop again could be 10 feet could be 10 miles...

jared at Curretn performance is the one that said this is all compatible... well if i knew it wasn't i would have used a 4l60e and 09 colorado 0S....

i could always try the Colorado 0S on the tcm but i need to borrow a tech 2 to do so

I have the same issue with the throttle only going to @20% when I put all zero's in the Reduction Duration in the Transmission "Torque Management" tab. It is intermittent. too. It doesn't happen when I have a 60% reduction in the stock numbers. All other TQ MGT is set to zero. Try putting numbers back in the Reduction Duration and reduce them by 60%. Steve
    The man on top of the mountain didn't walk there.............

D.A.V.

Here is a log and cfg of my truck with the "Reduction Duration" all Zero's. Looks very similar to yours. My foot was to the floor when the log shows @ 20%. No messages or codes.

8-7-13-Failed to go above 20%.hpl8-6-13.cfg

These are the numbers I put back in the Reduction Duration table.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Roundhouseman; 08-11-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't walk there.............

D.A.V.