Thread: A&A LS2 C6 having weird jagged WOT issue

A&A LS2 C6 having weird jagged WOT issue

I don't know if anyone has ever seen this before. Having a hard time figuring out what's going on. The cars just got a 1 bar map on it at the moment even though it's a 2 bar OS. I don't think that would be related. But take a look at this and let me know if any of you can figure out what's going on. Fuel trims are kicking in around 4k RPM.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's a run after disabling closed loop in the tune. Still basically hitting a spot where it goes lean. I could mess with the VE till I'm blue in the face and keep getting the same issue.

Just got a service electrical system on the dash. Thinking maybe there's another issue on the car, volts are reading about 12 at idle. So maybe the car needs an alternator or something.

I don't know, would still appreciate some second hand input. Have spent the last 5 hours on this thing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Question, How are you tuning it? You don't have a 2bar MAP so you can't be running SD, but I dont see you logging MAF HZ. In the tune, you have the MAF set to fail, but the DTC codes dont look to be set right. VE tables dont look realistic. PE + BE set to 1.35 = 10.88AFR . just a couple things I noticed. The big one is you trying to run in SD with a 1BAR MAP sensor,

A quick rundown...
    1Bar = 0psi
    2Bar = 14psi

Send a message to DSteck and get yourself a 2.5 bar map sensor, his are plug and play.

-Carl

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    well, your MAP sensor setting are wrong as your OS is 2 bar SD tune

you need to make more changes to ensure you have MAF FAIL

your PE set it to

85 MAP and everything under it 0

your BE set it to 100

make sure you adjust your map sensor
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    Question, How are you tuning it? You don't have a 2bar MAP so you can't be running SD, but I dont see you logging MAF HZ. In the tune, you have the MAF set to fail, but the DTC codes dont look to be set right. VE tables dont look realistic. PE + BE set to 1.35 = 10.88AFR . just a couple things I noticed. The big one is you trying to run in SD with a 1BAR MAP sensor,

A quick rundown...
    1Bar = 0psi
    2Bar = 14psi

Send a message to DSteck and get yourself a 2.5 bar map sensor, his are plug and play.

-Carl
    I have 2 bar map's in stock and am putting one on tomorrow. Would have put one on today but felt the issue was elsewhere so I didn't take the time to take the intake off to put the new MAP on (car has a fast 92mm w/ sensor back by the firewall).

You can run SD with a 1 bar map, all you have to do is change the MAP sensor settings back to 1 bar. Then I failed the MAF and max'd the filtered airflow settings so it runs straight VE... I suppose I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Just because the car has a 2 bar OS doesn't mean having a 1 bar sensor (that is programmed correctly) will effect anything.

The main issue at hand is the fuel trims coming on under WOT. The tune is not dialed in because the car has other issues.

BTW. I attached the config file for my scanner to make it easy to see the problems. I am logging MAF g/sec not hz.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
    The main issue at hand is the fuel trims coming on under WOT. The tune is not dialed in because the car has other issues.
    I think the main point they are trying to make is how can you begin to conclude there is a problem elsewhere when the basic configuration is not yet correct? You can't accurately troubleshoot something until you know that your baseline is right.
    Jaime