Thread: ETC rate limit

Advanced Tuner

ETC rate limit

This is under torque management under the engine section. It is next to ETC limit. Stock the values are .10, so do higher values make the response much quicker or zeroing it out make the throttle response quicker? values are from 0-100 %

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    its used to tip in, but if you just disable the ETC limit that you dont have to worry about it
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    its used to tip in, but if you just disable the ETC limit that you dont have to worry about it
    thank you so much for replying. I have disabled the ETC limit but it doesn't work, the throttle response is still so slow, nothing like a cable throttle body. I have noticed that when i max out the tip in torque limit with the etc limit disabled, the throttle response increases a little bit, but i suspect that the ETC rate limit has something to do with slow response... all im lookin for is if 100 increases response or 0 increases response

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    check under airflow>electronic throttle>area rate limits

some PCM dont have them 100%
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    100% opens fast.

You may also have burst knock retard making it feel like there's no response.

Log the actual pedal position versus the actual throttle plate position, you'll be able to see the throttle plate response. If there's no delay there, the problem probably lies in spark retard, either burst knock, or torque management, or running on a low octane table...or all of the above.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    thank you mike that is what i wanted to know, im going to put 100 all accross ! cheers

Cesar,
    did you ever get the throttle opening like you wanted?

Tuner in Training
    My "Desired Pedal Area" is 100 at the top three cells. Should I change anything here? I'm looking for better throttle response.
    There is a strong warning that you may render the PCM permanently inoperable! What's up with that. Image attached.2013-10-27 19_12_25-.jpg