Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first time HPtuners, 06 cobalt SS 2.4 NA AUTO, just want some recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by hizzo3 View Post
    That would help as I go through and learn. What bolt ons do you have, or are you bone stock? I would assume that timing tables shouldn't change too much with bolt ons, as AFR is the primary thing affected in an N/A motor. Is this correct? I know boost is a whole other animal (my brother runs a HHR SS turbo).

As I work on fuel, I'll either start a new thread or post back here. I can't believe the tune repository doesn't have anything but a stock tune. I also need to figure out why HPT doesn't show half the PE settings y'all get. Maybe I need to rerun the install.

You would be correct, although in your case you might be able to get some extra timing because of the mods. You might be set to "beginner" mode which would explain why you cant see the PE settings we are showing.

Potential Tuner
    Yep. I was in newbie mode. New maf should be in today so I can continue with tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Got MAF installed. The defective one was shot... it was over heating, likely due to an internal short on the heater wire for the IAT sensor. Started calibrating the MAF last night. I will look at applying some of the changes to shift patterns noted in this thread. I will probably bump PE above my cruise rpm so that I can keep some sanity on gas mileage (maybe right around 3.5k).

Any suggestions for shift tables regarding someone who tows on occasion? It tends to peck around in gears when towing my dirt bike, so I have to put it into D2 (? whatever the next one is uder drive that keeps me out of 4th) when I am on anything but flat surface.

Quote Originally Posted by hizzo3 View Post
    Got MAF installed. The defective one was shot... it was over heating, likely due to an internal short on the heater wire for the IAT sensor. Started calibrating the MAF last night. I will look at applying some of the changes to shift patterns noted in this thread. I will probably bump PE above my cruise rpm so that I can keep some sanity on gas mileage (maybe right around 3.5k).

Any suggestions for shift tables regarding someone who tows on occasion? It tends to peck around in gears when towing my dirt bike, so I have to put it into D2 (? whatever the next one is uder drive that keeps me out of 4th) when I am on anything but flat surface.
    heres a copy of my tune file, have a look at the trans settings
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner

Still have the tune file

Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    That will certainly cause you to lose some power lol I can send you my tune file if you like, however it doesnt have any major fuel modifications, only some adjustments to PE making it a little richer on the top end. Most of it is all torque management removal, and ignition modifications, that really gave the car some pick up.