Thread: Trim cell question

Tuner

Trim cell question

Pardon the newb questions here, but I've searched every thread I can and haven't found the answers, so..

I've been immersing myself in tuning a 2010 A6 Camaro with a 277LR cam, long tubes, CAI, etc, and although I've probably been through 25+ revisions to the tune, I'm getting far more comfortable with it, and think I've got it dialed in pretty close. I'm not currently using a wide band, but hope to get one on it today and see how close I've gotten it.
    I am still mostly lost when it comes to the VE side of things, and have only been using the MAF scale, timing, torque management, airflow, etc, to get it to where I'm pretty happy with it, but other than reading threads here, I've been figuring it out on my own.
    I've set up my primary table in the scanner to include MAF hz, AF Commanded high res, cyl airmass, commanded EQ ratio, and trim cell, but most of that was just messing around while figuring out how to make things work.

1- When logging, I noticed the "trim cell" numbers fluctuating as I was driving, but can't seem to figure out what these corelate to? Is this something I can/should be using to help identify areas to adjust?

2- Although I've got things pretty close I think, I have not found anything that lets me adjust STFT directly, am I overlooking something obvious, or is this only done by adjusting the MAF scale? As far as I can see both STFT and LTFT are done this way, and the only adjsutments are for enabling, etc the LTFT?

3- I admit I know nearly nothing about the VE side of things, but if I have this car running pretty well, how detrimental is it that I don't do much with the VE stuff? I really don't understand the coefficients thing, and what certain numbers are referencing and/or how they're used.

4- Is there many people using the RTT for the new Camaro's etc? I used to have a beta version with that, but after an update, I don't have that anymore, but after watching a couple youtube videos of others using it, it seems like something that could save some time?

Advanced Tuner
    to tune the ve you need tofailthe maf and use bluecat software (search for the thread).
    then you can use as reference ls1 tuning guide for VE to understand the concept behind it...

Tuner
    Forgive me, but I'm not familiar with the Blue cat software, can you tell me where to find it? I've seen a few videos of people using it, but have no idea what that is, sorry.