Thread: ls3 wont stay running

ls3 wont stay running

working on a 64 corvette with an ls3 crate engine with e67 ecm and 6l80 transmission. i had communication problems initially as the e67 was a gmpp crate engine controller (not can bus enabled), and to fix that ive gone to a 2009 caddy ctsv operating system. the tcm now seems to have communication, its commanding 1st gear now (was in failsafe before), so i think that issue is sorted. however in doing this ive created another problem, i cant keep it running. the car will fire as normal, run fine for a few seconds, then the idle will drop to almost nothing, it has no throttle response and when trying to give it throttle it backfires through the intake and it just dies.

when i wrote the tune i basicly copied and pasted the tables from the gmpp crate engine tune file over to the ctsv operating system. the only thing i can think of that may not be correct is i still have an ls3 map sensor and im sure the lsa tune is set for a different sensor. i havent been able to track down actual specs on what type of sensor (2 bar or 3 bar) is in the ls3 or lsa. with that, im seeing 91kpa now with key on, im at sea level so i should be around 100-101kpa. i figured even with the difference the car should stay running though.

anyone have any thoughts on this problem? it ran fine with the gmpp crate engine program in it. ill be posting the tune file shortly, however i havent been able to get a data log of it.
    2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged
    60lb injectors, 2.7" pulley, ported blower, dual pass intercooler with option B, cobra heat exchanger, devils own alcohol injection, clear image mid length header, 2 1/2" catless exhaust, zzp intake, powell motorsport "rotated" mounts, hurst shifter, Pedders springs, ss/tc struts, hawk pads and r1 rotors

here is the tune, along with the tune i copied from. the 64 corvette.hpt file is the original
    Attached Files Attached Files
    60lb injectors, 2.7" pulley, ported blower, dual pass intercooler with option B, cobra heat exchanger, devils own alcohol injection, clear image mid length header, 2 1/2" catless exhaust, zzp intake, powell motorsport "rotated" mounts, hurst shifter, Pedders springs, ss/tc struts, hawk pads and r1 rotors

i may have found my problem. the original tune used 2 maf frequency tables (high and low) and the new file uses one table. basicly it just didnt copy over, had to manually enter it. the gmpp crate engine tune is maf only (or appears to be), and with my maf table it would have been extremly lean.

ill find out in the morning if its fixed or not

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    why didnt you use a E38 PCM with TCM?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

long story short i started working for a shop that was building this car, its 98% complete now. car owner supplied an erod crate engine, shop owner looked into it and everyone he talked to said it will wire up and run without issues. 2 years later when im having to pick up the pieces, people are still telling us that.

if i do it again, itll be a matching ecm and tcm from the same car