Thread: Stuck in 2nd gear! Not able to flash pcm/tcm!

Advanced Tuner

Stuck in 2nd gear! Not able to flash pcm/tcm!

What the hay happened? I am stuck in 2nd gear and I can neither read or write my files. Once in a while it will unstick and go into all gears. But still I cannot read or write files. There are dtcs. I cannot read them now as I cannot even scan. When I was able to read them yesterday they were in the U series. Something about the tcm not making a connection with the system. I need some help here.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Senior Tuner
    Search function is your friend. Pull the tcm fuse for few mins.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Search function is your friend. Pull the tcm fuse for few mins.
    The transmission shops pulled the codes. They said it is not the transmission.

P0700
    PO856
    U0001
    p0575

He got the codes off and said to see a regular mechanic. It has to do with lost communications.

They are still off.

But now the hp software is not reading the vcm. It will not read or write.

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Senior Tuner
    or you could just pull the fuse, disconnect the battery, probably save yourself the trip

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    or you could just pull the fuse, disconnect the battery, probably save yourself the trip

something is wrong. the tcm fuse pulling did not work. it reset the code after I just tried using the hp tuners scanner.

I will try unconnecting the battery.

maybe something to do with hp tuners. will not read or write and as I said the scanner sets the codes which I cannot read again. I assume they are the same codes.

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusG8 View Post
    something is wrong. the tcm fuse pulling did not work. it reset the code after I just tried using the hp tuners scanner.

I will try unconnecting the battery.

maybe something to do with hp tuners. will not read or write and as I said the scanner sets the codes which I cannot read again. I assume they are the same codes.

Bill told me to send me the vcm information when hooked to the car. By doing this it set off the codes again. Off came the battery cables and I got rid of it once more. I just cannot read or write with hp tuners and it will set codes and sometimes lock the tranni in second gear. I think it is the hp tuners software. But I am not positive.

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet

Advanced Tuner
    My software file for some reason became corrupted. I went to read the file back to me. It worked. Then I rewrote the file back to the computer. All is well now. Codes are gone and no sticking in 2nd gear. I wonder what would make my file go corrupt?

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet