Thread: Need some help with 2010 A6 tune please!!

Tuner

Need some help with 2010 A6 tune please!!

I've spent the better part of the week and last weekend tweaking and modifying the tune on a customers' A6 2010 Camaro that I did a cam swap, VVT/DOD delete, and think I have it running pretty well, but am having a problem with an off-idle stumble/backfire when the car is already moving.
    The cam is pretty big at 614/624 (227/243 @.050), with long tubes, 3" no-cat's and CAI. I've got the idle in gear much better than I expected for a stock converter, with no surging or bucking. From a dead stop the car launches great (per-se) and does really well, but once it's shifted into higher gears and is closer to idle again, pressing the accelerator causes it to bog and backfire through the exhaust. Feathering the throttle at these low rpm/higher gear combo's all but eliminates it, but once it's in 3rd gear(ish) or higher at low rpm's, there's no way I can stab the throttle and take off. It doesn't take much feathering, but there's got to be something stupid I'm missing here. I've probably got 40 versions of this tune saved over the last week (I'm still learning, and this is the first auto trans car) and I'm getting tired of just burning fuel experimenting.
    I have noticed that during my scans, there is some fairly violent swings in the timing right when this happens, and I'm sure I have something missing from my scans, but what I've used seems to have gotten me 90% there. One of these instances is right at frame 15000 of the scan, which is when I accelerated off the interstate on a local road to about 50mph, let it shift into the highest gear it wanted to, then stabbed the accelerator and got it to do it pretty bad. I can't figure out what I have set wrong, hope someone can check this out and tell me what rookie move I made?? It doesnt take much to avoid the backfire, but not something I want to give back to my customer, and I need to send this thing home asap...
    Thanks!
    doc 7.13.13 pe adjust. low rpm backfire.hpl
    Doc New draft 7.14.13 PE adjust.hpt

Cant view on this PC, but if you're not already, log all the Spark PIDs to figure what's going on with the timing, also add in the TqMgt types ie ETC, Spark, Trans etc. I think that will give you a fair clue as to what's going on with it.

Tuner
    Other than the main timing tables and knock table, I haven't been able to get the other PID's to work very well, even following the instructions others have posted. The problem is only when I hit the accelerator quickly while it's at operating temp and moving, not in 1st gear, other than that, timing on the scanner looks fine.

Tuner
    I've figured out what the spark drop was for...
    It was the torque management settings for the upshift/downshift in the transmission tables. I set everything I could to either "none" or "throttle only" as most were set on "no throttle" which was what was pulling spark during shifts.
    I've spent the last day or so messing around with the speeds and pressures, etc and have been able to figure out quite a bit about these transmissions, and get it to shift much quicker. Ive been pretty conservative though, keeping my adjustments to within 10% +/- to the oem settings, but theres lots of room left to make more performance gains for sure!